Chapter 38 ~ Can we not fight anymore?

"I can't believe he made us go to school instead of helping out!" I yell at Roy as I slam my locker shut. "I'm the one who found him in the first place!"

"Well we only have a few more months until we graduate and we need to keep our grades up." Roy tries to reason.

"I have managed to keep a 4.0 GPA throughout the school year even though I missed a few days so missing one more wouldn't hurt. Especially since it's Rumlow!"

"It's also a government law to go to school too." Roy points out.

"Fuck the government!" I yell.

"Keep your voice down," Roy says.

I shake my head. "I'll meet you in class. I'm gonna use the bathroom."

Roy nods. "Alright."

I make my way to the bathroom. I make sure that it's empty before taking an earpiece out of my pocket and putting it in my ear. If I can't be on the mission I want to at least hear what's going on. I turn it on and immediately hear Rumlow's voice.

"There you are, you son of a bitch. I've been waiting for this!" I hear Dad grunt so I'm guessing Rumlow's talking to Dad and punched the shit out of him. "Where's the kid?"

"Not here." Dad answers and I hear more grunts from both men.

"She's probably listening right now," Rumlow says.

Damn, Rumlow knows me too well. I so wish I was there right now but I'm stuck here in school while they get to have all the fun. I hear more grunting from the men.

"This is for dropping a building on my face!" I then hear Rumlow say.

It took everything inside of me to not burst out laughing because if I do I'll blow my cover. I can't let Dad know I'm listening instead of being in class. Again I hear more grunts until Rumlow speaks again.

"I know you're listening (Y/n). I have Steven here in a chokehold and won't hesitate to snap his neck unless you show your face here."

How will he know if I respond?

"I'm close enough to his earpiece to hear you speak." Rumlow then says.

Well that answers my question.

"You have until the count of three."

He can't be serious.

"One!"

He's bluffing.

"Two!"

I hear Dad struggling for breath and my stomach drops. He's not bluffing.

"Thr—"

"Alright," I respond. "Alright I'm coming."

Well at least I get what I want, to have some part of the fun. I hold my ring out and my suit comes out of it. I run into my suit and then take off to Lagos. I find Rumlow and stand in front of him. He's wearing some weird sort of metal armor that covers his whole body. He pushes Dad to the side and he falls gasping for air.

I turn and start towards him. "Dad are you—" I'm cut off by Rumlow hitting me in the stomach.

The force of the punch plus his metal armor makes me fly back and skid across the ground. Rumlow comes and towers over me.

"I've waited a long time for this!" He says and lifts up his foot.

I roll to the side to avoid being stomped on. I stand up, holding my side. I don't know if he cracked my ribs or just bruised me, but my side hurts so bad. He goes to attack me but I dodge all of his attacks and then put all of my speed into my right fist and punch him.