Chapter 7 ~ Monster

So, I got suspended from school.

Currently waiting in the principal's office for Steve to pick me up. I hope he isn't gonna be mad at me.

I hear the door open. "Steve I can explain..." I start as I turn around to face him, but it isn't Steve, it's Rumlow. "Rumlow? What are you doing here?"

"Your father is in a meeting with Pierce. One that you'll be attending." Rumlow answers me. There was always something about Rumlow that bothered me. I don't know why but he always gives me a bad vibe. He's a pretty chill dude though.

Rumlow looks at principal Perkins. "I'm here to take her on behalf of Captain Rogers."

Principal Perkins looks at me. I nod. She sighs. "Very well then."

I get up and we walk out.

"What'd you get suspended for?" Rumlow asks as we walk to the entrance of the school.

"Bullshit," I say as we hop into a two-seated SHIELD car.

"Come on (Y/n) you know your father doesn't like that language." Rumlow teases. For the few months we've been in D.C. that's all Rumlow hears Steve say to me so now he teases me about it.

"You really think that stops me? Plus he's not here so I can swear all I want. You wouldn't tell, would you?"

"Welllll."

"Rumlow!"

"Kidding, I'm kidding." He smiles at me.

"What's this meeting about anyway," I ask as I stare out the window of the car. I have a feeling what it's about, but I ask anyway to make conversation.

"For questioning," Rumlow says. Called it.

"What time does the meeting start?"

"Whenever you get there."

I nod as I continue staring out the window. I could run back to the Triskelion, but I wanna enjoy the long car ride. Plus I'm procrastinating on getting yelled at by Steve. I connect my phone to the car and start blasting my music. Rumlow didn't seem bothered by it so I guess it's cool.

'Monster' by Imagine Dragons turns on.

"Ever since I could remember,

Everything inside of me,

Just wanted to fit in

I was never one for pretenders,

Everything I tried to be,

Just wouldn't settle in," I sing along with the song.

"If I told you what I was,

Would you turn your back on me?

And if I seem dangerous,

Would you be scared?

I get the feeling just because,

Everything I touch isn't dark enough

If this problem lies in me," Rumlow sings the next part quietly but I still hear him. I look at him in shock. He takes his eyes off the road for a second to smirk at me. Oh this is gonna be a good jam session.

"I'm only a man with a chamber who's got me,

I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me.

A monster, a monster,

I've turned into a monster,

A monster, a monster,

And it keeps getting stronger," Rumlow and I jam out.