Chapter 30 ~ Avengers A-

Dad carries Pietro's body onto the aircraft while Barton delivers the little boy back to his family.

"First time you lost a teammate?" Dad asks me as he comes over and gives me a hug.

I haven't stopped looking at Pietro since the moment I saw his limp body. I guess I made it very obvious to Dad.

That's when all the tears come out. "I-It's my fault!" I sob into his suit.

Dad strokes my hair. "Shhh. It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault."

I shake my head. "I was going to save Barton... but he pushed me out the way."

"That was his choice (Y/n)."

"I know but what makes it worse is that he kissed me—"

"HE DID WHAT NOW?!" Dad literally screams, causing everyone to look at us.

"I'm sixteen Dad, I can kiss a boy," I say defensively as I sniffle.

"He's lucky Ultron got to him before I did," Dad grumbles.

"You're not helping my depression."

"Sorry." He mumbles and continues stroking my hair softly.

"He kissed me but little did I know it was a goodbye kiss," I say and then start sobbing quietly.

Roy, who was listening to the whole conversation, decides to speak up, "Who's gonna tell Wanda? If she doesn't already know."

"I'll tell her." Clint offers. "I owe it to her anyway." He's sprawled across a few seats with his eyes closed.

Dad comforts me and the aircraft flies away from the city. Tony and Thor blow up the city blah blah blah. We saved the world again blah blah blah. Clint and I eventually tell Wanda the news, although she told us she already knew. We had Pierto's funeral a week after and Clint says he's claiming his name for the middle name of his newborn. Clint goes back home to spend time with his family.

A few months later Dad, Tony, Natasha, and I meet at the New Avengers Facility in Upstate New York.

I walk with Dad as we take a tour of the new facility we will be living in. The hired employees are already running about and working hard. Dad and I didn't get a chance to tour the whole facility, I mean I can do it in two seconds but I agreed to do it with him. We circle back to the lobby and Dad checks the time.

"I have to meet up with Tony and Thor. The new team should be here shortly. Wait for them here for me?" Dad asks me.

I nod. "Sure thing."

Dad walks out and I'm left standing in the lobby by myself. I know Thor is going back to Asgard to find some answers and Tony is gonna have some time with Pepper, try to live the simple life if he can. Bruce is nowhere to be found still.

I feel a gust of wind and a familiar whirring sound catches my attention. I look up to see Sam Wilson flying down in his Falcon suit through the missing window in the ceiling.

"(Y/n) Rogers!" Sam greets me with a smile as he lands.

"Hey Sam!" I say back and walk up to him, giving him a hug.

He messes up my hair as we pull away and I smack his hand away.

"Alright stop touching me," I say to him and we both smile.

Next comes James Rhodes in his War Machine suit.

"Is this the right place?" He asks as his face mask lifts up.

"Yup." I say, popping the 'p'. "Sam meet James Rhodes. James meet Sam Wilson." I introduce the two to each other. "Not sure if you two met each other at the party."

The two of them shake hands and just then Vision comes flying in. Wanda comes in after him, Roy following after Wanda. I nod towards the three just as the doors at the top of the stairs are thrown open by Natasha and Dad. I run to Dad's side within seconds and we all look at the new recruits.

"Avengers! A—" Dad starts to say but doesn't get to finish due to a sneeze.

I smirk. "God Bless America."

We all burst out laughing. Even Dad joins in. Once we all settle down I begin to speak again.

"What were you about to say?" I ask him.

"It's some tacky group call he's been working on for months," Natasha says and rolls her eyes.

"What like Avengers, roll out?" Roy jokes.

Dad looks at me. "Transformers?" He asks me to confirm the reference.

I nod and smile at him. "I've taught you well, young padawan."

"Star Wars." Dad states.

I pat his arm. "I've done my job," I say, looking proud and accomplished.

Natasha rolls her eyes playfully at us. "(Y/n) would you introduce everyone please?"

I nod. "So we have James 'Rhodey' Rhodes as War Machine. Sam Wilson as the Falcon. Wanda Maximoff as Scarlet Witch."

Wanda smiles at the hero name I gave her. "I like it."

I turn to Roy. "Roy Jones as Samurai."

Roy smiles brightly at his name and nods.

"What about me?" Vision asks.

"I thought you already knew," I say to him. He shakes his head 'no'. "Your name is Vision. It has a nice ring to it."

Vision nods. "That will do."

I look at Dad and Natasha. They nod at me as they look back at the recruits.

"Let's whip 'em into shape," Dad says.

And that's a wrap for aou! Civil War won't start for another few chapters also might be posting another chapter today since this one was really short.

—ASE715