Chapter 10 ~ Algorism?

Your POV

I wake up to someone shaking me. My eyes flutter open and I look up to see my car door open with Steve standing there looking down at me like I'm his whole world.

"We're here." He says softly to me.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and wipe the sleep out of my eyes. I get out of the car, closing the door shut behind me as we all walk over to the gate.

"This is it," Steve says then turns to me. "(Y/n) can you grab my shield from the apartment?"

I don't miss a second. I grab his shield back at the apartment, then come back and hand it to him.

"The file came from these coordinates," Nat says.

"So did I," Steve says as we look at the sign.

We enter the camp and roam around for some time. I don't know how long we were out there for, but it gets darker.

"This is the camp where I was trained," Steve says as we continue to walk around.

"Changed much?" Natasha asks.

"A little."

Natasha and I continue walking, but I notice Steve isn't following. I walk over to him.

"You okay?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Yeah. Just remembering something." He gives me a sad smile.

"This is a dead-end. Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off." Natasha says from behind us. Steve notices something ahead of him. "What is it?"

He starts walking towards a building with me and Natasha at his heels. "Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." We stop in front of it. The building has a lock on it.

"Go on Danny Phantom, do your thing," Natasha says to me.

"How did you—?" I start.

"Stark told me, now go."

I walk up to the locked door and phase through it. I look around, there's a staircase going down. I walk down it and turn on the lights.

"Woah," I say as I see the SHIELD symbol on the wall in front of me.

"(Y/n) what's in there? Is it good for us to come in?" I hear Natasha ask through the door. The building is very old, so it's easy to hear her from up there.

"It's SHIELD," I call out.

I hear the lock break and they make their way down to me.

"She's right. This is SHIELD." Natasha says as we all walk forward together.

"Maybe where it started," Steve says as he looks around.

We continue to walk. Steve leads us to another room where we see three old framed photos.

"There's Stark's father," Natasha says as we walk up to the photos.

"Howard," Steve says.

Natasha sees Steve eyeing the photo of a younger Peggy on the wall.

"Who's the girl?" She asks.

Steve doesn't say anything and walks away. He walks further in the room with us following behind him. He stops by a massive bookshelf.

"If you're already working in a secret office..." He pushes the bookshelf to reveal a secret elevator behind it. "Why do you need to hide the elevator?" He finishes.