Chapter 49 ~ Detention

Roy and I walk the halls of the school on our way to class. People murmuring and whispering to each other like always whenever we pass by. This time they're probably talking about the breakup of the Avengers or how I'm probably supposed to be in jail or something.

Roy and I have Precalc next, but to get to that class you have to get through the freshman hallway which is always so frickin' crowded. It's ridiculous honestly. They just stand in the middle of the hallway and they see people trying to get by and don't have enough sense to move out of the way or lean against a locker. Then when you try asking them to move nicely they catch an attitude or don't listen to you so then when you push them they get mad at you because they were in the way. This is why I hate people.

We walk through the freshman hallway, but there's a crowd, like usual, but this time it's bigger than normal.

"Fight, fight, fight!" We hear kids yell from the crowd.

Roy and I share a look. He shrugs and walks over to the crowd with me following right behind him. I mean who doesn't love a good fight. We push through the people so we could get to the front and see who's fighting, but when I see who it is my blood starts to boil. It's Flash Thompson beating on Peter who is curled up in a corner, taking the hits. Flash raises his fist to punch Peter once more, but I step in front of him and grab his wrist.

"Leave him alone, Flash," I growl at him.

Peter looks up at me in his curled position. I let go of Flash's wrist and help Peter to his feet. He has a busted lip, a bruise starting to form on his right cheek, and a small cut on his left cheek.

"Come on, Penis Parker. Now you have a girl fighting your battles." Flash teases.

"Knock it off," I warn him.

"Why are you defending this loser anyway?" Flash asks.

"Because this so-called 'loser' is my friend and if he's a loser then I guess that makes me one too."

Peter looks at me in surprise. I look back at him and give him a wink.

"Final warning, Flash. Leave Peter a--"

I'm cut off by a stinging sensation on my lip.

"Did he just hit a girl?" People in the crowd say.

"Oh she gonna fuck him up now." Some other people say.

"He just hit a superhero is he dumb?" More people say.

I touch my lip to find it bleeding then look back at Flash. "Oh you're so dead," I say and sweep his feet and pin him to the ground, ignoring the pain in my ribcage. I raise my fist to punch him.

"(Y/n) don't," Roy calls out to me.

I don't listen however and still go to punch him, but then I feel a pair of arms grab me, lifting me off of Flash. I look back to see it's Peter.

"Peter Parker let go of me this instant!" I yell at him.

"You're gonna kill him." Peter tries to reason.

"He should've never hit me then!" I yell.

Flash gets up from the ground. "They should've put you in prison." Flash spits at me.

"They're gonna have to after I'm done with you!"

"What's going on here!" The principal, Jim Morita, walks through the crowd and to us. He looks at the three in the center of the crowd. "Parker, Rogers, Thompson, my office now."

Peter lets go of me and I glare at Flash. I walk past him and bump his shoulder as I make my way to the principal's office with them following behind me.