Chapter 31 ~ Rage

"NO!" Sam screams.

I laugh. "That blue shell coming for that ass."

The blue shell hits Sam's Princess Peach and my Toad passes right by him.

"You didn't think I let you in first on accident did you?" I coo at Sam.

"Oh no you don't. I'm winning this." Sam says.

"Actually I'm going to win this," Natasha says as her Dry Bones goes right past him.

"It's funny you guys think you're gonna win," Roy says. "I got three red shells with your names on it." He says as his Baby Mario gets the three red shell power up.

We all stare at the screen intently. The finish line is just insight.

"Come on, come on," I mutter.

That's when the TV goes off.

"NO!" The four of us chorus.

We all look behind us to see Dad in his Captain America uniform, but without the helmet. He's holding the remote in his hand.

"Rogers turn this TV back on right now," Nat growls at him.

"Yeah I was just about to win," I whine.

"You were not. I was." Sam argues.

"I still have three red shells with your names on it. I was definitely gonna win." Roy says.

Dad looks at me and Natasha. "I thought I told you two to train the newbies."

"This is training," I say to him in defense. "Mario Kart is no joke."

"Yeah it helps train your thumbs and focus." Natasha backs me up.

Dad rolls his eyes. "Training room now! All of you!" He commands.

Cue the groans. We all get up and change into our uniforms then make our way to the training room where Dad, Wanda, Vision, and Rhodey were waiting for us.

"Good everyone's here," Dad says as he sees us walk in.

"Like we had a choice," Roy mutters and the four of us snicker.

Dad rolls his eyes. "(Y/n) you're up first," Dad says to me.

"Damn it," I whine.

Dad slaps the back of my head. "You'll be going up against Wanda."

I smile at her and she returns it.

"With or without powers?" I ask Dad.

"Let's see what you guys can do with your powers." Dad answers and we nod.

We walk to the center of the room. The whole floor is covered with mats to cushion our fall if we do and foam lines the walls to suppress pain. Dad and the others stand back and out of the way and watch. Wanda and I stand facing each other in a fighting stance.

"First to be pinned to the ground is out," Dad instructs. "Go!"

I immediately run at Wanda and sweep her feet before she could do anything. She falls on her back and I look down at her as I circle around her. Wanda glares at me and uses her powers on me. Red wisps circle around my leg and she throws me into the wall, hard. Then she throws me to the ceiling, which isn't covered in foam to suppress my pain. I fall back down to the mats and struggle to get up as I look at Wanda who's now on her feet.

"Looks like the teacher is getting schooled." I hear Sam snicker.

I ignore his comment. Wanda's eyes are red just like the red wisps around her hands. This isn't training, this is rage.