Chapter One

(How Jordan looks at the ball)

"Ah, the pretty twin." Came Damon's condescending tone.

Rolling my eyes before forcing a smile to turn to him.

"Ah, the older Salvatore." I replied with the same tone.

I watched Damon's eye twitch; this gave me a satisfied feeling in my chest. I folded my arms with a smug smile, I had successfully gotten under Damon's skin today, perfect.

"I like you......" Damon smiled, gently placing a hand on my shoulder and squeezing it. I looked at the hand and then back to him with a raised brow. Damon was only nice when he wanted something.

"Need a favour...." Ah there it was. I gave a forced laugh, shaking his hand off me and walking off.

"Jordan, please." I turned when I heard the pleading in his tone.

"Fine, what?" I snapped.

Damon grabbed my upper arm, dragging me into an empty classroom. I could feel this burning need in my arm where he grabbed me, like some magnetic force was pulling me to something inside him. I scrunched up my nose at my body's irrational reaction.

"Relax, wonder-twin, I won't hurt you." His tone softened a little causing me a little confusion. He must have seen the scrunch of my face and deduced it to be fear. Forcing my face to relax, I put a little distance between us when he let go of my arm. I leaned against one of the desks as he leaned against the door. I assumed he would be listening to any noise to indicate that we were being overheard.

"So?" I asked a little impatient.

My anxiety was through the roof, I could hear my own heart beating in my ears. Damon cocked his head to the side when he looked at me. His light blue eyes ran up and down my small frame.

"Jordan, I promise, I won't hurt you." He assured me. I couldn't help it.

"Yeah, like last time." I snapped.

Damon had his humanity off and taken me to get Bonnie, who is one of Elena's best friends, to do a spell for him. I watched as Damon did something so unlike him, it had me open and close my mouth a few times. He looked down; I could see the remorse on his face.

"I am sorry for the pain I have caused you." His tone was sincere. I believed he meant every word. "Please believe that I am sorry."

I shook my self out of whatever trance I was in and nodded at him to continue.

"There is a ball tomorrow night...." I was shaking my head.

"Nope.....No way! I don't want to be near THAT family."

Damon sighed. He started to pace in front of the door before he turned to me.

"Elena will be going. Mummy Mikaelson wants to speak with her...." Damon trailed off.

I nodded.

Elena had come into my room last night, sitting on the bed to talk to me. I, in turn, just asked that I didn't have to be apart of the crazy scheme she had planned. She had laughed and hugged me tight, kissing my temple before she jumped in bed beside me.

"You already know....." Damon narrowed his eyes and I rolled mine. "You're ok, letting you sister walk into a death trap?" he asked me.

"Elena can handle herself, Damon. She is strong and brave...." Damon was laughing. I narrowed my eyes at him, folding my arms.

"Did big sister tell you that Mummy-Mikaelson has tried to kill her....a few times actually." Damon sounded smug as he watched my face morph from anger to confusion. I furrowed my brows as he walked up to me, placing hands on my shoulders. My body felt this fire where his hands were placed. I looked at each hand before turning to look back into those baby blue eyes.