Chapter Fifty-One

Kol sat in his room, on the couch where Jordan had sat when they had spoken. His mind filling up with her smiles and laughs. Kol's eyes shifted to the door as it opened, the doppelganger walking in. she thanked Elijah, she had a book and a stack of letter in her hand.

"I think she would want you to have these."

Kol stood up, taking the book and letters that were addressed to him in his hands. He looked down, feeling this horrible pain wash through him.

Elena shifted on her feet uncomfortably. Elijah had spoken to her, telling her how Jordan had died. She felt angry and hurt, Kol had taken away one of the people most precious to her. she refused to let Elijah sway her. Kol deserved eternity of misery.

"I know Jordan loved you....." she started. She saw Kol flinch at her words. The anger inside suddenly felt like it was leaving her, a warmth instead filling her. she sighed. "I know she also left you voice mails."

Kol didn't look up, the hatred he had for himself, he had begged and pleaded with Elijah to help end his torment. He had even begged Nik. Neither of them obliging his request. Kol walked over to his table, his phone sat in the draw. He fished it out, turning the device one. he had a picture of Jordan when they had gone out shopping on their date. She had forced him to try on a silly hat with her and then pose for a picture. His finger stroked over her laughing face as she had turned to look at him.

Messages and voice message alerts were coming through, he walked over to his bed. sitting down and allowing the phone to finishing receiving everything. He opened the letters, reading through them. She had written him an account of everything he had missed. He found a smile tilt his lips when she had complained at how much she hated the exams. She had passed them; he knew she would. She was smart, smarter than him. she studied and worked hard, and he admired her for it. she gave him a picture of her when she had done the pageant. Nik had said she looked stunning and he was right. Kol stroked a finger over her smiling face, tears filling his eyes again as the guilt tore through him. He had murdered her, taken her life away from her.

He poured over every letter, cherishing every word she had written to him, he listened to the voicemails she had left. He felt his breath hitch when she had told him how much she missed him and wanted to tell him something to his face. After he listened to every voice mail twice, he saved them all. Wanting to hear her voice any time he needed too. picking up the book of the Brothers Grimm, he turned it carefully over in his hands. Opening the cover with care, he saw a few sheets of paper folded inside. Opening them, he read through the thought she wrote down.

I think I'm falling in love with Kol.

Reading those words, everything seemed to stop inside him. he traced over the words, holding the letter closer to him.

"I love you Jordan Gilbert and I WILL bring you back." He vowed.

Thanks for reading, this is where this book now ends :)