Chapter Fifty PartB

Elena walked in, Jeremy beside her. she frowned when she didn't hear Jordan moving around the house. She ran upstairs before, glancing around Jordan's room before frowning and heading downstairs.

"Jordan's not here."

"She said she was coming home." Jeremy sounded confused. Elena nodded, trying to call her sister's phone, only for it to be switched off. She watched Jeremy trying and he got the same thing. Elena felt something crawl over her, she shuddered, trying to fight this feeling off. She looked over to see Jeremy had tears running down his cheeks.

"Jer?" she whispered.

He clutched his heart, rubbing his heard in a trance like state. Elena caught him as his knees gave out. Elena held Jeremy, feeling this sorrow wash over her, she refused to believe or entertain the thought that something terrible had happened to Jordan. There was a knock at the door, Elena turned her head, she gave Jeremy and kiss to the head before getting to her feet and walking over. Opening the door, she saw Elijah standing there. He had blood on his white buttoned up shirt. Elena watched as Elijah opened his mouth and closed it, the look of aguish on his face. She felt tears welling in her eyes, shaking her head.

"Please...." Her voice cracked.

"I'm sorry Elena, I was too late." Elijah whispered.

Elena felt the tears run down her cheeks, she turned to see Jeremy standing there, tears streaming down his face. She walked over, wrapping her arms around his stiff body.

Elena had gotten no sleep last night, she had sat on her bed, flicking through the Christmas present Jordan had made her. a photo album. Elena had wiped her tears away, feeling hollow. She sent a text out to inform the others, asking for them to leave her and Jeremy alone for a little while. She heard Jeremy. Getting to her feet, Elena walked down the hallway, starring at Jordan's door before she pushed it open. Jeremy sat on her bed.

"Jer?" Elena walked slowly to him. he looked up, tears in his eyes.

"Make it stop. It hurts." He begged her.

"Why does everyone die on me?" he asked

Elena closed the distance, sitting down and taking one of his hands in her own.

"I'm not leaving you." She promised him. Jeremy needed her. he had just lost the other part of himself. Elena held Jeremy close, tears rolling down her cheeks.