Chapter Nineteen

I hadn't slept much, I met Bonnie in her small kitchen. I smiled when I touched the kitchen bench.

"I remember when your grams taught me how to bake."

"Banana muffins." Bonnie nodded. I paused and gave her a look.

"You think Jeremy is the only one that loves your banana muffins?" Bonnie rose a brow over her tea a smile on her lips.

"You do?" I asked.

"Guilty. I always ask Elena to pack me one when you make them."

"That's where they went. I blamed Jeremy." I made myself a coffee, taking a seat opposite Bonnie.

"Yeah, I asked him if you made any and then he figured out why you kept blaming him."

"Opps." I shrugged. I felt a little bad. He always swore it wasn't him. I never believed him.

"Sorry." Bonnie giggled.

We laughed, silence falling over us as we drank our hot beverages.

"I did some research last night." Bonnie stated.

I put my mug down before I could hurt myself with it and looked at her.

"I was reading in one of my grams Grimoires. When I saw what you did to me, I remember my grams telling me about someone who could do that."

I nodded and listened to her. she got up and handed me the grimoire and let me read myself. my eyes skimming until a word stuck out. Siphoner. A witch born with no power of their own but could steal or 'siphon' it from another. They could also siphon magic from objects, stones and even nature. As I read, I could feel my eyes widened.

"Abomination." I spoke the word out loud.

Bonnie snatched the grimoire back and scowled at it.

"I didn't read that far, I got side-tracked by the rings. Sorry."

"It's ok." I mauled over the word; it was fitting. What witch didn't have their own magic? How was I even a witch in the first place? I was a Gilbert. I was Jeremy's twin sister.

"Hmm?" I looked at Bonnie.

"I found something that could help Alaric. Herbs." I saw her look at me, and I cocked my head to the side.

"What?" I asked her.

"Well, maybe you could Siphon whatever it is from Alaric?" Bonnie sat down next to me. I blinked at her.

"I don't even know..."

"I can teach you." Bonnie urged.

I shrugged, what else did I have to lose?

School had finished and I went back to the house, Jeremy was out with Alaric and I begged him not to do anything stupid or reckless. He promised he wouldn't. Elena was over at the Salvatore's planning another attack on Klaus and his family. Bonnie had texted me that she would be home very late tonight, she had things she had to do.

I walked into my room, quickly walking to my dresser and opening my jewellery box. I picked up the bracelet in my hand, allowing a finger to touch it. I saw a red glow coming from where my finger was touching the stone. Relief flooded my system. I tried to clasp the bracelet and groaned when I couldn't I was pulled out my dark thoughts by a knock on the door. I bounded down the stairs, bracelet in my hand. Opening the door, I froze when seeing none other then Kol.