Chapter Eleven

I watched the news the next morning, sipping my coffee, eyes wide. There had been another murder in town.

"Hey, what are you watching?" Jeremy came up behind me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Another one?" he asked.

"Yeah, the guy had his throat slit." I murmured, unable to pull my eyes away from the screen.

"Hey, what's going on?" Elena asked.

"Another murder." Jeremy and I said in unison.

I turned to him with a smile and he grinned at me.

"Who?"

"Counsellor Lee Rothman." I answered.

"Lee Rothman?" Alaric walked in. I nodded as he grabbed the coffee, pouring himself a glass. He offered Elena one and she agreed. Jeremy declined before stealing mine. I scowled.

"I hadn't finished." I pouted.

"You get jittery if you have too much coffee." Jeremy replied with a smile. I rolled my eyes. I hated it when he was right.

I gave him a smug smile when he took a mouthful and curled his lip.

"I also forget that you add so much sugar.....is there any coffee in this?" he asked.

"Nup." I answered grinning at him.

Elena giggled as Alaric hid his smile behind his cup.

"Come on, we will be late." Jeremy finished the coffee off and grabbed his bag and mine. I jumped off the stool, walking over to Alaric and giving him a hug before turning to Elena and kissing her cheek.

"Bye.....see you later." I called walking out the house.

I could feel Jeremy constantly looking over at me as we drove.

"What Jer?" I asked feeling annoyance wash over me.

"I have something to tell you. And only you will know first."

"A secret? Your secret?" I asked perking up.

I loved Jeremy's secrets. They were usually about the girl he liked or was seeing. It was going to be a girl for sure!

"Yes. MY secret. Bonnie and I are kind of.....seeing each other."

"WHAT?! HOW LONG FOR?" I yelled at him. He winced as his eyes flicked to me and then back to the road again.

"Not long, I promise. A few days tops."

"DAYS!" I shirked.

He never kept things from me more then one day tops. I crossed my arms glaring out the window, I usually would have smacked him, but my life was in the car with him, so I couldn't hit him right now.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked quickly.

I sighed and turned, seeing the worry on his face.

"I was but I am not anymore." I smiled. I reached out and cupped his chin before I smiled. "I'm happy if your happy."

"Good. Plus, it helps that she knows how we are, and she is cool with it."

"She doesn't have a choice." I smirked.

Vicki and I had butted heads so much because she hated the fact Jeremy chose me over her. then there was Nicole and the same thing there. You would think, twins would give it away. I always picked Jeremy first and I always will.