Chapter Twelve

My head throbbed in agony. I groaned, wincing at the pain intensifying in my skull. I tried to move, and my brain finally caught up that my body was being restrained. I cracked open my eyes, the bright lights burning. Hissing, I closed them and tried to open them a few more times. When the harsh light wouldn't let out, I squinted. I was tied to a chair. Panic engulfed me, my eyes flying open as I struggled against the ropes. Tears were spilling down my face.

"Jordan Gilbert, you are a disgrace to the name Gilbert."

I froze, that voice. I knew that voice and yet there was an off tone. My mouth fell open as the light dimmed from being harsh and blinding to being pleasant enough to see. There was an outline and I shook my head, tears spilling down my face.

"You disgust me. You disgust your ancestors."

My lip trembled from the words that hurt more then his fists would. I hung my head down, feeling sobs wracking my body. A hand clasped my chin, forcing me up, he squeezed it hard that I cried out in pain.

"You are disgusting."

"Please...." I whimpered. Begging him. "Stop." I whispered.

"Stop? STOP? I will stop when I have cleansed the town."

"Alaric?" I tried.

He smirked down at me, his hand still gripping my chin tightly. He lightly tapped the side of my face as he continued to smirk at me.

"Alaric?" I felt fear crawling up my spine. He was backing out the room, grinning at me.

"ALARIC!"

(Elena's POV)

I got home, shrugging my coat off before yelling to the house. Jeremy came downstairs but paused upon seeing me.

"Oh, it's you. I thought you were Jordan."

"She's not home?" I asked feeling a little confused.

Jordan was always the one you could count on to text if she was going to be late coming home. I checked my watch and frowned. It was a little past 9. Jordan was never out this late on a school night.

I grabbed my phone, dialling her number but the phone was dead. I scowled; how did she forget to charge her phone. Last time we hadn't been able to reach her, she had her hand broken by Kol Mikaelson. I walked over, sitting down on the couch, deciding to wait for her to come home.

I had woken up suddenly, I checked my watch and noticed it was 2am. I quickly bounded upstairs and opened Jordan's door. She still wasn't home. I dialled Damon and he picked up with a groan.

"Elena?"

"Jordan's missing. She isn't home and her phone is off."

"Whoa, calm down. Maybe she fell asleep at a friends house?" He reasoned.

"That's not Jordan. She would have told me or at least told Jer."

"Jeremy hasn't heard from her?"

"No"

I heard rustling of sheets.

"I'm on my way."

He hung up. I paced downstairs in the living room, leaving the front door unlocked. The door opened and Damon and Stefan both walked in.

"When was the last time someone heard from her?" Stefan asked.

"Jeremy said she texted him after school and that was it."