Chapter Twenty-Seven

I had stopped crying by the time we had arrived at Bonnie's house. No vampires had been invited into her home as far as I knew. As I got out the car, I felt a pain throbbing in my head. I was tired, I was exhausted. I had slept terribly last night due to the fear that Jeremy would try and stake Elena in her sleep. Bonnie opened the door, a smile on her face spotting us.

"Hey, everything ok?" she asked.

"Ask him." I threw a thumb over my shoulder, unable to look at him at this point. She nodded, I walked into the spare room, closing the door and falling onto the bed. I grabbed my phone, ringing Stefan.

"Hey Jordan."

"How is she?" I asked.

"She will be fine. She hasn't woken up yet. Give it another hour. I will get her to call you."

"Ok. Thank you."

I hung up, feeling my eye lids droop. Closing my eyes, I finally let myself sleep.

I woke up hours later, a few missed calls from Elena, I quickly called her back.

"Hey Jordan." She sounded happy.

"I'm so sorry." I blurted out, feeling tears already burning my eyes. I sniffled and she made a shushing noise through the phone.

"I'm ok. I promise. Are you ok?" she asked softly.

I shook my head, sighing.

"Yeah." I lied.

"I know when you are lying Jordan." She teased.

"I'm just worried and tired." I honestly told her.

"I know, but I will always be your big sister."

"Like you have a choice." I laughed, feeling like things were normal and not messed up. she laughed too.

"Jordan..." I could hear the guilt in her tone.

"Elena, you wouldn't have hurt me." I reassured her.

"I didn't think I would, but I could feel that it was overpowering me. if Jer didn't...." she trailed off.

"I would have been fine!" I steeled my tone.

"I couldn't take my eyes off your jugular. I hate this. I really hate this." I could hear her voice breaking. My heart broke.

"Its ok Elena. One day at a time." I reminder her. she laughed.

"You were always more sensible."

"Well between Jeremy trying to act cool and doing drugs and you being popular and partying, someone had to be." I shrugged.

It had hit us all differently when mom and dad had passed away. Jeremy had started hanging out with the wrong crowd. He got involved in drugs and started skipping school. We had drifted away from each other for the first time in our lives. Elena had started to drink and party every weekend. I had kept it together for the sake of everyone. Aunt Jenna had been forced into becoming a parent of three kids over night and struggled. She put her foot down one night, threatening to send me away to a boarding school. Jeremy had sobered up quickly with that. I giggled a little.

"What?" Elena asked.

"I was remembering the time Aunt Jenna had threatened to send me away to boarding school and how quickly Jeremy had sobered up."

"I remember that." Elena laughed. "I also remembered I had started to spend more time at home and stopped drinking." She laughed.

"Yeah. We started the whole movie night."

I smiled. I missed Jenna. I missed mom and dad. Most of all, I missed my family being whole. I took a deep breath. I was going to figure something out and bring our family back together.

"I love you Elena."

"I love you more Jordan."

I scowled, we hung up and I tapped my lip in thought. Lying back down, I felt my lids close again.

Waking the next morning, I stayed in bed for a little while longer. I could pretend everything was alright if I just stayed in bed. there was a knock and I rolled my eyes. sitting up in bed, waiting for Jeremy to walk in. to my surprise, it was Bonnie.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, she had two cups in her hands. I grinned.

"Please tell me its tea."

"Of course. The only other person besides me that enjoys drinking tea rather than coffee."

She handed it over. I took a whiff and moaned. It smelt heavenly. Taking the first sip, I allowed it to warm my insides. The taste of peppermint had me squirming in delight. I heard Bonnie chuckle.

"What?" I asked, taking another sip and dancing in the bed.

"Nothing." She smiled, taking a sip of her own. A smile on her face.

"School today." I murmured.

"Yeah. I made Elena a daylight ring. She wants to make sure you and Jeremy are going to be ok with her going."

"I'm fine with it...." I grinned before frowning. Jeremy wouldn't be. "I don't think Jer will."

"I agree. He was on edge; he didn't sleep much last night."

I nodded; I had been so tired I had crashed out.

"He checked on you a few times."

"Creeper." I muttered.

Bonnie giggled before she sighed.

"Let's get ready. I will text Elena."

I walked into my first class, a mix of emotions. Rebekah had run my sister off the road, trying to kill her. I took my seat before, grabbing the books I would need for this class. I felt this power roll over me and shivered. Looking up, I saw Kol smiling down at me.

"Hello darling."

"Hi Kol." I glanced behind him, to see if anyone else was going to be coming in.

He took a seat next to me, I narrowed my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked a little sharply.

"I wanted to see you." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes; he had seen me a day a go. We had walked home......warning bells sounded in my head. Had he been sent to keep me busy.

"Did you know about Elena?" I asked, my voice calmer then usual. Kol remained silent. Answering the question, I had asked. I glared at him. "Leave."

"Jordan, let me..."

"Leave now, Kol." I turned my head away from him, staring at the front of the room. Kol laughed, nothing humours about it. I heard the scraping of the chair as he stood. Suddenly his hands slammed down on my table. Causing me to flinch and look up at him.

"Klaus threatened to kill you. Well since your sister and her boyfriends murdered my brother. I was protecting you." His voice rumbled. I turned my gaze away from him.

"Leave." I warned. I wrapped my hand around his wrist. He groaned in pain, I let go, folding my arms across my chest. Kol stormed to the front of the room, before turning back to me. I narrowed my eyes at him and watched as a look flashed over his face. His family had destroyed mine. Klaus had murdered my aunt Jenna. Klaus had threatened and hurt Jeremy and I more times then I care to remember. Klaus needed to pay, I balled my fists, feeling hot angry tears wash down my face. I dashed them away angrily before I gritted my teeth. I would help the others kill Klaus if it was the last thing I ever did.