Chapter Forty-Nine

I parked a street away from the Mikaelson mansion and snuck through the backyard. I saw a hybrid walking around. He must have heard me, I felt his hand wrap around my throat, squeezing it gently. I wrapped both my hands around his wrist, siphoning him quickly. He hissed out in pain, a look of terror on his face.

"Sorry." I apologised before I saw his eyes rolling into the back of his head.

I grabbed his jacket, throwing it around my shoulders, maybe it could help with my scent. I didn't know, I was just thinking on the spot, rather then actually having a solid plan.

I creeped into the house, hearing a few voices shouting through the house. I peered around the corner, scanning it and finding no one there.

"Klaus needs us." One man shouted.

I hid myself around the corner, hand over my mouth to keep myself quiet. I listened.

"You two stay here and guard the coffin." One ordered.

A coffin, maybe Kol? I felt adrenalin rush through me. if it was Kol, I was going to see him again. I listened as the front door closed and a few cars started up. I listened before I stepped around the corner. I felt myself being pinned against the wall. A scream leaving my lips.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" the hybrid asked.

I saw his fangs and the veins and fear ran through me. he smiled.

"I am hungry." He licked his lips. I wrapped my hands around his wrist and siphoned him quickly too. his face morphed in pain and I could feel the magic entering my body. A few seconds later and he was on the ground, dead. I glanced around, the other one blinked at me. I recognised him from the other night.

"Hi." I waved at him.

"Hey." He waved back, smile on his face. "That was cool." I shrugged.

"I'm Jordan."

"Adrian."

I stepped forward, eyes landing on the coffin, I looked at it hopeful. I glanced at Adrian who stepped aside, nodding at me.

"Will you kill me?" I asked. he shook his head.

"No." I cocked my head to the side. He rolled his eyes before he walked over to his friend, stabbing him with a wooden stake. I gasped a little.

"I never like him." Adrian shrugged. I nodded. I kept an eye on him as I walked up to the coffin, opening the lid. My breath hitched, seeing Kol lying there, dagger in his chest. I felt tears run down my cheeks, I leaned in, stroking his face gently before eying the dagger. I grabbed the dagger, yanking it out of his chest.

It had been an hour, Adrian an di both waited to see if Kol would awaken, his eyes darted to the front door, he growled

"Run."

"But..."

"Run." He barked at me again. I shook my head, standing beside him stubbornly. Kol would be a wake soon, we just had to wait. Adrian and I looked at each other. The door kicked open; a few hybrids walked in. I counted four, I gulped as their eyes all flicked to me.

"Smell delicious." The woman cooed at me.

"Try me." I said, balling my fists, feeling a tingle shoot through my body. She flashed, before charging at me. Adrian grabbed her arm, flinging her back. She gasped, eye narrowing at him.

"What's the meaning of this?" she hissed.

"Leave." Adrian commanded.

The woman stood up, laughing. The other joined in, my eyes darted between her and the other three that stood by the door.

"I will kill you. Both of you." Her eyes looked between Adrian and me. I gulped but didn't back down. She charged again as did the others. I felt fangs land in my arm. I screamed before my free hand touched the side of their face, siphoning them. I heard them hollower in pain, dropping to their knees weakly. I felt another set of fangs in my shoulder. I hissed out, my good arm reaching around, hand closing on their face. The fangs weren't in my shoulder anymore. My head felt a little fuzzy. I turned as one hybrid looked at me with pain on their face. I looked down to see a hand through their chest, heart toward me. I blinked and watched as the man fell and Adrian looked at me. the veins under his eyes as he eyed the mark on my shoulder and on my arm.

"You....ok?" he breathed out.

I nodded. One down, three to go.

Pain exploded as my body skidded across the marble floor and slamming against the trolley with Kol's coffin on it. My vision swam and I clutched my head in pain, trying to sooth the dull ache.

"Kol......please." I begged, willing him to wake up and save us. "I need you." I yelled. A hybrid came up, slamming my head against the ground. I groaned, feeling the darkness creeping in. my hand reached out, grabbing a hold of his ankle and I siphoned. The darkness retreated; the hybrid fell to the ground in front of me. I glared at him. I could feel blood running down the side of my face.

"Go to hell." I muttered and siphoned all magic out of him. He dropped down. I took a deep breath, turning to see Adrian take the woman and another male on. I pushed myself to my feet, stumbling a little. Adrian turned to me, fear in his eyes. I was a little confused. The woman had stopped too as did the male. They were starring at something behind me, I turned slowly and felt a smile on my face.

"Kol." I breathed out as his eyes darkened and the veins appeared around his eyes. his fangs were out. I blinked when I soon realized his eyes were on me. I took a step back, fear rocking through me. I shook my head, the blood gushing down the side of it. his eyes followed the blood.

"Kol?" I tired again.

A scream tore from my throat when I felt his fangs rip into my neck. My scream gargled and then that when the darkness took me.

When I opened my eyes, there was a warm white light around me and no pain.

"Jordan?" I knew thatvoice. I blinked when seeing my mothers smiling face. Her and dad welcomed meinto their arms. I ran into them, feeling overjoyed.