Chapter Forty

School finished up for the rest of the week, I could hear my phone vibrating angrily on my bedside table. Reaching over, I cracked an eye and scowled as Kol's name flashed across my screen.

"Kol, it's seven in the morning." I complained.

"You owe me a day and I like to start early."

Of course, he did. Why would he need to worry about sleep ins? He was a vampire. I grumbled before hanging up and showering. I had my hair in a low ponytail, throwing on my new white shirt. I put a bit of makeup on before heading down as I heard Kol's car pull up. I raced out before Elena or Jeremy could corner me.

"You look beautiful." Kol murmured when he stepped out the car. I felt my cheeks heat, a small smile on my face.

"Thanks."

Kol opened the door, I slid into the passenger seat, we took off seconds later. My head whirling with how fast he could move.

"Where are we going?" I asked. I watched as the town around me started to blur, my eyes quickly falling to the speed odometer. My eyes widened. We were going very fast, my heart started to beat faster. I felt Kol's hand lace through mine, this thumb rubbing across mine.

"I have good reflexes." He soothed. I nodded, feeling only a little better and that was due to his hand in mine. I glanced down, the orange glow coming from our hands.

"Are you sure it doesn't hurt?" I asked.

"Positive darling, would I lie to you?"

"If it spared my feelings." I shot back quickly.

There was silence before he chuckled.

"I suppose I would.....but no, I don't feel pain like I have before." He answered honestly.

I nodded, trusting he told me the truth. Kol may have murdered people, broken my hand, snapped Jeremy's neck but he hadn't lied to me. he was brutally honest, and I liked that about him. I turned to study his profile before I saw a smile on his lips.

"If you keep starring at me like that, I will lean over and kiss you."

I looked away quickly, a smile on my lips. Maybe I was starting to like Kol.

Kol had taken to me a town a little bigger than my own with more stores in it

Kol had taken to me a town a little bigger than my own with more stores in it. we had shopped around; he had brought me anything I touched for more than five seconds. We pulled up at a restaurant, he took my hand, pulling me into the building. I smiled, there was music playing and a few couples dancing together. I turned to him with a raised brow and small smile on my face.

"They aren't teenagers." His hand shot in the arm as he smirked at me. he pulled me to a table, we took a seat. I looked around, enjoying the atmosphere. There was an older vibe and it made me feel comfortable. A waitress had come over, her eyes scanning over Kol. He smiled at her; my eyes rolled to the back of my head. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand, kissing my knuckles, before placing our order for drinks. He orders a shot each. I smiled when she walked away.

"Not your type?" I asked sweetly.

"Not even close." He agreed.

I laughed, our shots were delivered, he held his up.

"Cheer, darling. To us."

"To us." I agreed with raising my own with a smile on my face. We downed them at the same time, I coughed as I felt the burn. I pulled a disgusted face and could hear Kol laughing at me. He pushed over water to me, I gulped it down quickly, the burn feeling better with the water washing away the tequila we had shot. Kol had kept laughing at me. I scrunched my face.

"Shh!" I hissed at him.

"My apologies darling, you pulled an adorable face." He cooed at me. I frowned before feeling my lips twitch into a smile. food was delivered quickly; we had shared a pizza. Kol ate most of it, leaving me with two slices. I ordered some cake for dessert. After we finished that off, I listened and watched as couples were swinging their partners around, laughing and smiling. I felt my own smile crease my face. I blinked as Kol stood in front of me, offering me his hand. I blinked before I smiled and took his large hand. He walked us to the dance floor. Twirling me around. I laughed when he pulled me against his chest, the music was fats paced and he slowed us down.

"Kol, we need to speed it up." I laughed as he waltzes me around.

"As you wish darling." He smiled, twirling me and spinning me as soon as I came back to him. I started to feel a little lightheaded, pulling my arm indicating I needed a few minutes. He smiled, pulling me back to him, my head resting on his chest.

"Can I ask you something?" I bit my lip, feeling a little nervous about asking him this.

"Anything darling." He answered, his tone light and cheerful.

"Would you be my date for the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant?" he spun me around, my eyes meeting his. He smiled at me, causing my heart to flutter.

"Yes." He answered with.