Chapter Forty-Seven

I hadn't been crowned Miss Mystic Falls and I was honestly more then happy for it. I watched as another girl I went to school with was crowned. Jennifer Bollard. The pageant was over and now, we all enjoyed a small party. I had walked over to get myself a drink when I bumped into a woman I had never seen around town before.

"Hi." I smiled at her. I could feel small amounts of power coming from her. it wasn't like a vampire or a witch. Then it hit me, werewolf.

"Hi.." she smiled back at me.

"Jordan." I waved at her. She stuck her hand out.

"Hayley."

I shook it, before letting go of her hand, offering to pour her a drink. She accepted it with a smile.

"What brings you to town?" I asked casually.

"Visiting a friend." She shrugged. I nodded, walking beside her as we were headed to the dance floor. Tyler walked up, big smile on his face.

"You look amazing Jordan."

"Thanks Ty." I smiled.

"You look lovely." Hayley smiled.

"Thanks Hayley." I waved as Jeremy waved at me. "I better go."

"Boyfriend?" Hayley guessed. I crunched my face, shaking my head quickly.

"Twin." I replied. She looked down at her feet. I took her hand in mine, squeezing it gently. "It was nice meeting you. If you are free, I would love to shout you for coffee."

"Ah, thanks." She gave me a shy smile. I walked off, letting Jeremy twirl me onto the floor, Elena joining us shortly. The three of us, spinning each other around, we laughed and had a great time. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see Alaric wearing a dress shirt and black trousers. He offered me his hand, I took it, dancing with him on the dance floor. This night was perfect, even though it hurt that Kol wasn't here and I hadn't heard from him, everyone else I loved and cared for was here with me. 

The next day, I had gone back to Tyler's place to help him and a few others clean up. I was stacking a few chairs, I turned when I let out a small yelp. Elijah bowed his head to me.

"My apologies for frightening you."

"Elijah." I breathed. I tried to suck in more air, my heart taking a few to steady itself.

"May I speak with you?" he asked.

I looked around, most of the place looked pretty clean, only a few tables needing to be moved.

"Sure." I followed him as we walked away from the Lockwood estate and through the woods. I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea for me to follow a vampire into the woods, but this was Elijah. Elijah was one vampire I trusted, yes, he had done some things worth questioning but he had atoned for those. He was honest and honourable.

"I hope you are well." He started off with. I smiled. he always took an interest in your wellbeing before he jumped down your throat of threatened you, unlike Klaus.

"I am and yourself?" I asked.

"Concerned. I have yet to hear from Kol in over a few months."

I frowned, that didn't sound good.

"The last I have heard from him was a month ago saying he was away on family business."

Elijah remained silent, I stopped us, grabbing his arm and looking him in the eyes.

"I'm worried, he would have called or messaged by now."

"Yes, I believe you are right, he would have. Well, he would have at least messaged you." Elijah added with an afterthought.

"Where do you think he would be?" I asked.

"I suppose Niklaus may have daggered him again."

I frowned. Kol didn't want to be daggered, he hated being daggered. I couldn't blame him either.

"Rebekah hasn't been around either."

"Yes, she is currently in New Orleans for the time being." Elijah informed me, I nodded. At least Rebekah was safe.

"Is this about the cure?" I asked suddenly.

"What do you know of the cure?" Elijah asked me sharply. I flinched.

"Um, not a lot to be honest. I was kinda busy with Elena..." I trailed off.

"Oh yes, I believe I heard about that ordeal and that you had siphoned the hunters curse."

"Yes." I answered the hidden question. We walked toward the main road. "Where would Klaus be keeping Kol's body?" I asked.

"Possibly the house, leave it with me Jordan."

I blinked and suddenly he was gone. I sighed, heading to the main road, walking back to the Lockwood estate. Matt pulled up, smiling and offered me a lift home. I gladly jumped in, lying about sneaking off early. 

I was back at school, drumming my pen against the table and tuning out of the lesson. I was alright with reading later and devising my notes when I wasn't too busy worrying about Kol. I had tried sending a few messages and leaving a few more voicemails. If he was daggered, I wanted him to have something happy to listen too. I wrote a few letters too, wanting to update him on events as they happened. I added a photo of me from the Miss Mystic Falls pageant. I sealed them, leaving them in my dresser draw. I heard the bell ring, and got to my feet slowly, walking out the classroom and to my next class. This day was dragging. Only one last class left and I was homebound. I got through the hour, meeting Jeremy in the carpark. Him and Bonnie just looked at each other, not even smiling. I frowned and jumped into the front seat.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Everything is getting hard." Jeremy answered. I nodded in understanding. Between the search for the cure, school and dealing with Klaus, it was a wonder anyone could find a bit of peace.

We drove home, I danced and sung along to whatever song came on the radio, Jeremy joining in every so often. When we pulled up, we saw Stefan waiting out the front on the porch. Jeremy's eyes narrowed and I rolled my eyes. jumping out, I let Jeremy shield me as we approached Stefan.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Was just checking on you guys. Hybrids are crawling around."

"Awesome." I muttered. Hybrids creeped me out, not Tyler but the rest of them sure as hell did. They were like, little Klaus's.

Stefan ushered us inside the house, scanning the area. I turned to look at him with a weird look, he remained outside.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, just stay inside tonight. Both of you." He said sternly, I nodded. I didn't have much else to do anyway. Jeremy on the other hand, I looked around to find him standing behind me, hand at his hip where his gun was hoisted.

"Staying in?" I asked. he nodded.