Chapter Twenty-One

I arrived at school, Bonnie had walked off to meet Elena and Caroline. I sighed as I entered school by myself. I walked to my locker, shoving my bag and grabbing the books I needed for the first two classes I had. I headed for my English class, I was in the top class so, there were very few in my class. When I got to the classroom I groaned when spying a smug face.

"Please stick a fork in my neck." I muttered.

"I can compel someone to do that if you like, darling?" Kol smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed. I looked around before stepping inside and shutting the door behind me.

"I have never been in a school before."

"Lucky you." I muttered.

"I was curious why Bekah chooses to spend her day here."

I shrugged; I had no idea. This would be the last place I would spend my day. Hell, I would compel myself into a decent college and take up journalism. The thrill of chasing a story and not one that involves vampires or werewolves.

"And the verdict is?" I asked.

"Not my thing." He shuddered. I gave him a knowing look before sighing.

"Is that all? My class will be soon."

"What class?" Kol asked with interest.

"English."

"I like English."

"So do I."

I narrowed my eyes when Kol made no move to get up from sitting in my seat with his legs on my table.

"That's my chair." I mumbled.

"Is it?" he quired.

"Yes. I sit there. I have been sitting there all year. I sat there last year for a different subject too."

"Very possessive of a chair, darling."

I shrugged. Jeremy had told me the same thing. Until we were separated with me being pushed into the top classes and him to the lower classes. Jeremy was an artist, I loved getting the cartoon he would draw me for my birthday. I tapped my foot impatiently, Kol just grinned at me.

"Kol..." I whined.

"I like hearing my name from your lips. I would prefer under.... intimate circumstances." His voice was husky, and my body betrayed me with a shiver. This caused his grin to turn more into a smirk.

"Don't read into that.....it's cold." I lied.

"Sure it is, darling." I scowled again. He gracefully stood up and I blinked. Was he leaving?

He walked over to me and grabbed my chin gently, forcing our eyes to meet. I gulped, there were butterflies in my stomach. I felt his thumb run over my pulse and the veins in his eyes darken. I blinked; I had seen them many times before.

"You do not fear me?" he asked gently.

"I do but I have been around vampires long enough." I answered him.

His beautiful brown eyes flicked down to my lips. I subconsciously licked them, feeling nervous. He leaned down slowly and my breath caught, I saw him smile. He pulled away.

"Have a good day, darling." He mused before walking out. I watched him leave my classroom. 

The rest of the day, I could not focus on anything other then Kol. I could feel the warmth still from his fingers on my skin. His breath that had fanned over my face. I groaned and dropped my face into my hands. I was sitting at home, by myself, waiting for Jeremy so I could tell me about how I am an abomination.