Chapter 5

Nobody's Pov.

Savannah was out, Dre , Savannah's mom we're all waiting on the paramedics and the whole gym was silent. It was a big game tonight, and Dre knew he as to be there for them , but his girl came first.

"Savannah would want you here, play your heart out for her". Savannah's mom told Lana and Dre.

"No I wanna be with her". Dre said.

"Dre, you know how bad Savannah is gone be pissed". Her mama said. It's a fact though, she'd be pissed as hell, probably wouldn't talk to me for a week or so.

"Okay but right after the game, we coming to see her, and take Isaac to my moms please". Dre said.

         Melania Pov.

My head wasn't in the game, but I knew I had to play this game for me, Savannah and my team.

This was one of the biggest game.

I got my self together and tied my shoe up as I looked at the scoreboard, I saw 41-48 with. 7:00 to play, as I was getting ready to sub it.

I saw everybody standing, they were probably gonna stand like this all game.

I subbed in and I heard screaming, clapping and everything. I got in the game and my teammate handed me the ball, looking at the crowd then the scoreboard, I passed it to my open teammate who hit a three brining the score to 44-48.

As we got back down the court, the girl got into the lane to make a lay up giving them 50 points. I got down the court and drove to the basket, as I made a and 1 and seen the crowd and my teammates go wild.

I went to the free throw line and took a deep breath, as he handed me the ball and I dribbled, and shot missing the free throw but getting the rebound and making a lay up, as the rival team called timeout with 4:15 to go and a score of 48-50.

As they got the ball, and passed it around until it was 4:00 let to play as their center went up for a lay up and made it.

my coach had nomore timeouts so it was up to us as the score was 48-52. We knew they'd double team me, which nine times out of 10 leave two guards open.

That's what they did double teamed  me at the half court line which I threw the ball to one of my teammates who hit a three, as I got off the floor limping but shaking it off.

The score was now 51-52 with 2:00 left all that was left was to play defense.

We played defense and one of my teammates ended up stealing the ball, as I went up for a lay up , I made it and got fouled, giving us 53-52.

I missed the free throw and one of my teammates had the ball threw it out to me as I hit the three in the same spot Savannah Collapsed , giving up56-52 giving us the dub.
"Go get Issacs , and go to the hospital". Dre said as he was getting ready to play.

It was 8:30 and I was at the hospital and I walked into the room with Savannah and her mama.

"I don't want you to tell anyone until Dre gets here". Savannah told the doctor. 

Savannah's door was closed I was sitting by the window side with Issac, while her mother sat on the other side. I got up to give Savannah her baby. "Hey mamas boy". She said kissing his cheek, as he laid up on her chest and played on my phone.

      Savannah Pov.
Dre came in and started kissing on my face, and I started kissing him, and he kissed Issac and picked him up.

"ma .. ma". He said pointing at me which made me smile. "da, da". He said poking Dre face and everybody was smiling and saying awww.

"Me and Melania gonna head home, so I can give you two some space, ima take Issac". My mama said as she kissed my forehead, everybody knew what I had but Dre, so the doctor came in. "Are you ready"? The doctor ask me, as I nodded.

"So your girlfriend, has a condition called hyperventilation". The doctor said.

"Hyperventilation is a condition in which you start to breathe very fast which leads to dizziness and lightheadedness. It happens because of stress, and anxiety and panic attacks".

"Which can also lead to Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease". The doctor said as she read my charts as I laid my head back. "and what is that"? Dre said.

"It's when a group of lungs diseases which damage the lungs and make it harder to breath". He said.

"We'll talk about a treatment and a plan first thing tomorrow I'll give you two some time". The doctor said.

Dre sighed and sat down. He looked at me and then looked at his hand. "What happened to your hand"? I asked.

"I hit a wall when I went into the locker room". He said. "Baby I'm fine". Savannah said .

"I love you Savannah, like so so fucking much". Dre said.

"Dre I'm not dying, I love you so much more". I told him kissing him.

I seen how rapid I was breathing and so did Dre, he kissed and sat in the chair which was beside me. "I love you babygirl". Dre said. "I love you too". I said as he kissed my hand.

Melania Pov
I was sitting at the court with the ball in my hand. Was Savannah hiding this from us?

Did this just start? I was lost. Dre needs Savannah, her mama need her , Issac need her, I even need her.

She a senior, she has a kid, she plays sports , she got enough on her plate.

"I knew I'd find you here". Q said.

"You know me best". I said chuckling. "You okay with everything"? Q asked me.

"I'm okay, Savannah's strong". "I do need her to finish this year off". I told him

" How are you and Autumn"? I asked him. "I'm worried about you Lana". Q said. I chuckled.

I looked at Q and he looked at me, he pulled my chin to him and kissed me and I kissed back, He picked me up I needed Q right now, not a time I called and needed him he didn't answer.

This was where I needed to be right now.