Chapter 23

DAY BEFORE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME...

"Melania, I love you so much". Eli said as he had grabbed all his things. "And I want you to be successful, I want you to win. and I want you to know that I'll come back if you haven't found anybody". He said.

I looked at Eli. The guy I had fallen in love with. The one who made me feel different. The one who loved me and cared for me. My Eli. Elijah. "Eli.. I love you more and I want you to be great and do great things". I said smiling.

I wasn't as hurt as I thought I was because things changed but it still hurt and I knew it'll hit me every now and then. I would be gone before he leave in the morning, he was leaving pretty early though.

So we talked a bit outside and came back in. I laid on him, and his mood changed. It wasn't the same Eli and I knew it was because he was leaving me.

He got up and kissed me like he never did before. "Hold on". He said. I said okay and I saw him go in the room. He came back with a necklace.

"I want you to keep this, no matter what happens or how bad things change don't forget me". He said. "Eli I don't want to forget you, I could never forget you". I said. "Come here ma ". He said licking his lips and I smiled and got up and you know what's next

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

Melania Pov.

It was around four in the morning and we had to leave early because we were playing 3 hours away. I was honestly ready, our boys were with us as well.

I really couldn't wait. I had already took all my things back to my moms house and I got my basketball bag and put it in my car and drove to the school.

I got there and a few people were there. I sat in my car to wait till Savannah nem came. "wassup". Q said. "wassup". I said letting down my window. "You can get in the car, don't act brand new". I said as he came over.

"Soo how you feeling"? He asked and I knew he was talking bout the game and Eli. "I'm okay, you know I can't complain". I said. He nodded. "what about you"? I asked.

"honestly . Ian gone lie Lana me and Autumn kicked it a few times. but Ian the only nigga she fucking on and she pregnant". He said. I just look shocked. "she let me know it wasn't mine before you go crazy". He said smiling.

We talked a bit and the bus pulled up. Me and Q usually don't sit together because of his respect towards Eli .

but today we did and Savannah had sat with Dre. We talked and caked it and I ended up falling asleep after a while.

When I woke back up we had arrived. It was a lot of teams here. Our boys played first. "I hope they win". Savannah said. "Me too". I said.

"So what you and Q got going on". She said side bumping me. "Girl nun". I said. "Whatever". I said. It was halftime and it was time for us to get ready. This was one team one heartbeat.

We got back there and I was playing but I was also in game mood. because I'd miss this. I'd miss my teammates.

I'd miss playing aside my Bestfriend and the game of basketball in general. This will be the last time I wear this jersey, for better or worst.

The last time I'll play a high school game is in less than 30 minutes. When I enter the real world is in a few months. "Did our boys win"? Everybody asked as our coach walked in. "Indeed". She said smiling, as we all got happy.

"Now it's your turn". She said and with that I was in game mood. I checked my phone and seen Elijah post me, he told me to do my thing and called me a goat. I smiled now I was ready.

As we ran out, I seen my mama, my friends , the cheerleaders and almost everybody from school. This was it, this was my moment. This was my time.

1 hour and thirty minutes later...

The game was over and we won. We did it! I was a state champion. I could not have did it without the support. Life was good. Eli had called me as soon as we got on the bus. "congratulations champ". He said.

"Thank you". I said. "How does it feel"? He asked. "It means great, I can't even lie". I said. He just smiled. "Well ima let you enjoy the rest of your night I love you". He said. "I love you too". I said.

We had Waffle House, we talked , played around and did all that. We were all on the way home. Everybody was up just talking and faking it. I wanted to sleep but I didn't wanna miss this last bus ride with the gang. I was finally signing out as a high school athlete and I completed my mission.

It hurts like hell. but it's more to come. I'll miss this, but I'll try my hardest to stay in contact with most of everybody. "Alright y'all good job and make sure y'all grab everything and get home safe". Our coach said to everybody.

We all chilled for a bit , went to McDonald's you know all the lil fun stuff for the last time. "Where y'all bout to head"? I said. "Home, daddy tired and we gotta get Isaac in the morning". Savannah said as I laughed.

"alright y'all be safe". I said. "Alright". They said. I was feeling good, everything was going okay. Q told me to come by so I did. "wassup". I said. "just wanna talk". He said.

Now this was Q, the guy I had fell for. He was everything honestly. Well I mean a good guy. There wasn't nunthing wrong with Q just a lil damaged. I pulled him closer and one thing led to another....