Chapter 10: good morning kisses

Xavier

Xavier

When I got a call from Carter Thomas I was confused. We'd never spoken civilly before. Same goes for the rest of the Thomas boys. They simple assume everything about my friends and I.

I don't have a willpower to deal with people like that. So, I was tempted to decline the call and go back to sleep.

I had a gut feeling telling me to answer anyways.

So, with reluctance, I hit 'accept' and brought the phone up to my ear, rubbing sleep from my eyes.

"Thomas, what is this about, it's the middle of the night." I grumbled.

"It's Delaney-"

That's all I needed to hear before I jumped out of bed and took off running downstairs, only in a T-shirt and sweats.

I grabbed my keys listening to Carter explain the situation on the way.

My mind was moving a thousand miles per hour. I had the wheel of my car in a death grip and my teeth clenched tightly.

I was surprised when I ended up parked outside of the Thomas' residence, not remembering the whole drive. I was just lucky not to have crashed.

I ran through the open door and followed the voices. Getting to a hallway, I saw a large crowd outside of what I believed to be Delaney's room.

I peeked past them and saw my girl.

She was curled up in a ball, hysterically shaking and crying. It was obvious she was having a panic attack, as I've seen her have many before.

I busted past the group and made my way to the corner, only to be held back by Mr. Thomas and Nathan Thomas.

I knew them both, and respected them, but if they didn't let go of my arms, I would punched them.

"Don't get close, son. You'll make it worse. Stay back and give her space." Scott informed me.

It seemed like good advice, except for the fact that they didn't know my girl like I did. I've been by her side through everything.

I'm not leaving anytime soon.

"I can handle it, sir. But thanks." I spoke respectfully, shrugging off his and Nathan's hands.

I moved over to Delaney and took in her form.

"Oh, baby." I whispered before scooping her up in her arms, and comforting her until she calmed down.

"How'd you get her to calm down?" Asked Nathan from behind me, but I was only focused on the beautiful girl in my arms.

"I don't trust him." I heard one of the twins say to everyone.

Eventually, I heard Scott lead his family out of the room.

I got Delaney situated and we both curled up into each other.