Chapter 49: speading love

I woke up to small wines and a moist tongue on my cheek

"Eww," I yelled ruffling Milo's
fur lovingly. He was really enjoying he new house–or my dad's house.

We'd moved in, just me and Milo. Xavier's stuff was here, but all I had of him were some clothes and the letters he had sent.

It hadn't even been long enough to complain, yet I still felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest each and every time there was a knock on the door.

"Come on, Milo. Time to go get ready." I dragged myself through the habits of getting ready.

I showered, leaving my hair down to dry naturally. I wrapped a towel  around my body, going into my closet.

I had tons of clothes, but still mostly wore Xavier's. They made me feel closer to him, even if he was far away. They felt like a hug from him. Especially his giant sweatshirts.

I dropped my towel, shimmying into my panties and bra.

I wore a dark green skirt with small buttons in the front. It wasn't too long, but it wasn't too short either.

I paired it with a tight black shirt that had cut-out shoulders.

Once I was dressed, I put on makeup. I wore foundation and mascara.

I chose some dark green velvet heals that matched my skirt.

I grabbed my purse, shoving my wallet and phone in there.

"Come on, Milo. Time to go see the kiddos," I grinned at Milo's happy barks as I lacked on his leash.

We made our way out of the house, locking up behind. I walked down my driveway, waving at the neighbors. They were all friendly around here.

The lady next door had a husband who was serving overseas too. Others were stationed on base. Overall, the area was great. I couldn't help but imagining raising a whole family here.

It also wasn't too far away from Scott's house. Nathan's apartment was only a few minutes from here on foot. He moved a few weeks ago, deciding he wanted a change.

And the group home was walking distance as well. It was the perfect opportunity.

I had been thinking about what to do with my life, and decided that I wanted to help kids in similar situations to my own.

So I though about fostering. And got my license to foster kids.

After talking this over with Xavier, of course. He was happy for me, and supported me one-hundred percent.