Chapter 15: white walls

Xavier:

Xavier:

My heart shattered into a million desecrated pieces.

The phone dropped from my hand. The sound it made when in hit the ground echoed in my mind.

Everything was in slow motion. I dropped to the floor, my legs no longer able to hold me.

I heard screaming. My door opened harshly, slamming into the wall.

I heard my mothers vague voice yelling at me.

"What's wrong, Xavier?!" She shook my shoulders to snap me out of it.

"Del-Delaney." I felt like I was taking my last breath.

My mother's face turned from confused to worried instantly.

"What happened?" She urged me impatiently.

"She was in a car accident. They don't know if she's going to make it." I explained slowly. The words were physically painful to say out loud.

My mother gasped. She grabbed my arm and pulled me up, bragging me down the stairs.

Geez, when did she get so strong?

"Zander, Maddy, watch Max. I need to take Xavier to the hospital." She ordered, moving towards the door.

"Why?" Zander inquired.

"What's wrong?" Maddy asked at the same time.

"Delaney's been in an accident. She needs him there with her." Mom explained.

•••

We made it to the hospital soon after. As soon as we were parked, I jumped out the door and ran into the entrance.

There was a nurse at the front desk, so I went up to her.

"My girlfriends here." I stated, unsure of how to approach the situation.

"Name?" She questioned in a bored tone.

"Delaney. Delaney Taylor." I answered quickly.

"Room 204. Second floor."

I ran down the hallway, not worrying about my mother.

I decided that the elevator would take to long, so I ran up the stairs, taking two at a time.

When I got to her door, I heard talking.