Chapter 39: birthday baths

I woke up the next morning to a peaceful bliss. Warmth engulfed my entire body.

My naked body laid on top of Xavier's. My head rested on his chest like it was a pillow. My arms curled around his abs.

I laid awake, basking in the peace of the sunrise and the arms of my soulmate. My fingertips lightly traced over the artwork on his chest, following each tattoos design perfectly, like it was a sacred map.

Maybe they were a map. To tell the story of his life and lead to the keys that make up his entire being.

I was brought out of my fantasies of his gorgeous muscles by a chuckle. I looked up and found a set of amused blue eyes watching me intensely as I got horny over him.

"Whatcha doing, sweetheart?" He asked with a cocky, shit-eating grin plastered over his face.

"Gorgeous little bitch," I muttered in response.

I pushed myself off of his chest, wrapping the blanket around my naked body. I trudged slowly to the bathroom, groaning at the cold floor against my bare feet. It sent shockwaves of displeasure through my body.

Ugh, mornings.

I turned on the faucet and splashed my sleepy face with ice cold water. I tried to wake myself up enough to function for the day.

I got in the shower and lathered my hair up, washing and rinsing. Then I washed my entire body, shaving afterwards. I conditioned my hair, washing it out afterwards.

Once I was done, I shut the water off and stepped out, grabbing two towels.

I wrapped my body in one, and wrapped my hair up into the other.

After washing my face, I put moisturizer on it. I put lotion on my entire body, going into my closet afterwards.

I chose a tight red skirt and a cute black and red stripped shirt to go with it. After slipping my outfit on, I grabbed my black sandals, slipping them on as well.

I checked my body in the mirror, grimacing at the scars visible on my legs. I looked away, deciding that I couldn't take the setback now. Not after everything.

I let out a frustrated huff at myself. I couldn't even look in a mirror without getting upset.

I walked through the bedroom, seeing Xavier still sleeping away. The alarm clock beside the bed read '7:30am'. Good, it's almost time to go.

I headed to the kitchen. I poured more dog food and water into the bowls for Milo.

"Hi baby" I cooed to him, petting his head and body while he gulped down the water. His tongue flapped with each drop. His tail wagged with delight at the attention.

I giggled at his cuteness and moved on to fix my own breakfast.

I popped some bread into the toaster and got out the butter with a knife, setting it on the table gently.

Pop!

I picked the toast up carefully, aware of the scorching heat. Setting it on the table, I buttered it up. I set the knife in the sink, got the butter back into the fridge, and ate my toast.

Once I was done eating, I wrote Xavier a note.

'Going to Suzzie's to meet someone. I'll be home later. I love you<3'

And left it on the table where he could find it. I grabbed my purse, making sure I had money and my phone.Then I walked out the door, locking it behind me.

The journey to Suzzie's was stressful. I was talking to myself, trying to mentally prepare myself for the awkwardness or the heartbreak that could come. I tried to plan out the conversation, but that only led to more stress. Coming up with possible scenarios that could happen made everything worse.