Prologue

I knew one day I was going to die. However, what I did not expect was an afterlife.

Or more likely, I thought the afterlife, if it did exist, would be like the concept of heaven, living in a cloud, dressed in white and stuff like that

What I did not expect was to be being birthed out of a vagina.

★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very ghetto, would not recommend.

There's a reason babies don't remember their lives.

This was it.

It sucks.

At first, I thought that Buddhism must be the true religion. Reincarnation and all.

But as I grew up, I realised that was not the case. I realised that I wasn't living in my world but rather the devil's and he's dragged me down here for some terrible sin I have committed but somehow forgotten about. That's the only explanation I can think of as to why I'm here.

In a dating simulator.

And I'm not even the main character!

Nor am I the villainess that is meant to separate the heroine and her lovers apart.

I'm a minor character.

A minor character!

I guess it's better than being an extra who has no lines...

But still. I feel like being an extra would be of been better, at least I wouldn't have to be involved with all the drama. Instead, I'm a 'friend' of the heroine who suffers pain for the heroine and doesn't even get rewarded!

I'm not even the best friend who ends up finding love at the end for the plots' sake. I'm that minor friend who no one remembers.

I'm the friend who third wheels the other friends

Yes.

This was definitely hell.

-

I soon realised what my situation was when I was forced to learn how to properly read and write because my 'parents' didn't know that I could already to that. For one example, I read a book about a prince and a dragon and a damsel in distress. I thought it was a nice piece of fiction until I realised that I picked that book from the autobiography section and that all the events that happened were real. In this world, dragons and magic were real.

Not only that, the book was written by the King of Aeaea, the country where this game takes place. It was then that I remembered the existence of this game. Because the king plays an important role in the story; he's the father of one of the possible love interest, or 'capture targets' as some refer to, Desmideus Zatara; the crown prince of Aeaea.

It all came flooding back when I read that name.

The game. It has been years since I played it. I don't remember when exactly, I, unfortunately, lost all of my personal memories, I remembered that I lived on Earth, and that magic does not exist and that there were certain political leaders destroying the world. But as for my personal life, my name, I don't remember.

That's a lie, I do remember one thing. That damned dating simulator.

Since I was not the main character of this game, I couldn't decide on my own name. Jayne, they called me, god what a boring name. The default name for the heroine is Octavia Nightshade and the villainess was called Selene Vaxater. Meanwhile, my name is Jayne Smith. Really? It's like the creators didn't even try, even the best friend has a somewhat interesting name of 'Anastasia Nightingale.' Why do I get the plain name? I'm just plain Jayne, hey, at least I have a 'y' in my name, adds a little flavour to it.

Jayne Plain lives as Octavia's personal maid who accompanies her on all her journeys. She is always there, but is always ignored. Octavia was the daughter of a duke, his name not important, and Jayne had been working there since she was ten years old, over the span of 8 years, she was promoted to head maid to then being Octavia's personal maid. It is when the 8 years had passed that the game takes place, with a special ball at the Zatara Castle that Octavia was invited to and is immediately introduced to all the capture targets.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here. I am only 5 years old at this point. I will have to go and work at Octavia's castle because it is my duty (and my parents will force me to) but that doesn't mean I have to do such a splendid job that I would be promoted.

However, being a 'minor character' is absolutely unacceptable, who would want to be a 'minor character'. I was the head maid and personal maid of the main character, is that not worthy of at least being a side character? That would have to change, that's it, I don't care to be the 'main character' of the game, but I want to at least have some significance to it. I want to meddle.

Let's skip forward, shall we?