Part 2

WhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuckWhatthefuck.

What the fuck!? Jayne's thought process consisted of three words and three words alone, 'what' 'the' and 'fuck.' Jayne was a tad shocked, to say the least. She dropped the signed paper and backed up into her own home. Her heart beating in her ears, her breath becoming unsteady and she choked on her own saliva. Her hands began tingling and she couldn't feel anything.

Realising she was overwhelmed, she ran to the living room to pass out on the sofa before she fully lost consciousness.

-

She did eventually come to but the sun had gone down. She went back to pick up the letter she left in the entryway.

He signed it himself. Jayne sneered at it. Both uncomfortable that he invited her personally, and that he knows where she lives. How did he even find out? He is a prince, he would have resources, but this is just... creepy. Not even a, 'Hi, how are ya?' letter. Just a straight out formal invitation letter.

Even if she wanted to go, which she does not, she wouldn't even be able to. She wouldn't spend all of her savings on some expensive dress just to fit in with the crowd.

She needed to move. Someone must've been watching her, acting as a spy and informing the prince. It's most likely they were asleep right now, she could flee now, though that would be inconvenient. It's not like this spy is going to kidnap her, but she'd have to keep her plans to move a secret.

Not that she would tell anyone in the first place, she only really talked to Henry...

Henry.  No, no. He's a literal child, he's too dumb to be an informant. But that's why children make the best informants...  Absolutely no, but he did ask if she was going to attend and as the newspaper boy, he knew where everyone lived. It could be a possibility. Was that why he was so friendly with her? Jayne thought that's just how all children were programmed in this game.

She decided to burn the letter so that even the temptation of going was burned away, also his painfully sophisticated penmanship irked her. So posh. She spat into the fire.

She couldn't sleep that night because one, she had already been asleep from passing out and 2, someone was literally watching her in this town, and it could be anyone. She huddled in bed, crawled into a fetal position and watched out the window, a blanket surrounding as a layer of protection. Unsure of what to do, she was on guard duty until her eyelids could no longer force themselves open.

Jayne was sore, incredibly sore, her entire body ached as she slept upright the entire night. It was early dawn, which meant she may have gotten ruffly... 3 hours of sleep.

Being so exhausted and moody, Jayne did not want to have porridge for breakfast that she always makes. There was a nice bed and breakfast in this town, she had been there only twice during her year here. And both times were during brunch hours when she decided to get drunk in her home and sings songs that didn't exist in this world the night before. Sometimes having a drink was necessary in order to cope with the daunting realisation that Jayne was trapped in this world and knew nothing of her actual life.

This was the first time Jayne ever left the house at sunrise. The bed and breakfast was open at this time, but it had only just opened twenty minutes ago. There were very few people in, the staff, and only a couple of customers.

But something wasn't right. The air felt... tense. Jayne, not knowing why she felt strained, walked painfully slowly towards a barstool. She sat down, feeling like she's being watched, the hairs on the back of her neck scratching her skin.

"What can I get for you." The waitress bubblily asked, clearly not feeling the same air as Jayne.

"Orange juice, please." She mumbled, fidgeting in her chair.

She tugged on her sleeve until she couldn't bare it anymore. She shot her head to the right, towards a booth and locked eyes with a face she never thought she would see again.