Part 4

Scoping the landscape of Thrinacia, Jayne gawked at rocky roads. Unlike in Aeaea, where the roads were controlled and plastered. These rocks were unsteady, put too much pressure on one and it slips out of tacky pavement. One could easily slip their hand into any stone laying out in their path and hurl it at somebody. The grass surrounding the area was dry, and at first glance looked more like wheat. There were patches everywhere, in some places it had overgrown, in others, the grass died prematurely before it could even grow an inch.

It was the middle of the day, but the clouds were grey, yet there seemed to be little rain in contrast to the gloomy sky. All the houses and shops built from wood rather than brick. Jayne had lived in that nice wooden house on the plain district back in Thrinacia, but that house had insulation and the wood polished. Majority of the houses were built from Brick though, it was a natural source in Aeaea, and Jayne never really took notice until seeing the vast contrast by one country. The wooden homes were dirty and looked like the local troublemakers had punched them a few times to take out their anger.

Jayne took in a gulp and hugged her arms around her waist. Looking at the state of this village, perhaps there wasn't even a clinic in the area.

All the men were large, dirty and scruffy, and the women were nowhere to be seen. Walking down the stray road, eyes lingered on her form. Jayne's face remained calm. She just had to find what she was looking for.

"Need any help there, lass?" A lingering man with a beer belly approached from a corner.

"Ha." Jayne coughed dryly, "I was wondering if you have a clinic in this neighbourhood." She took a step back.

He took a step forward, "Why, are you hurt? I can help make you feel better." He grabbed her arm and yanked her towards him.

"Hey! Let go!" Jayne tried to pull back, but his grip was stronger.

"Hey, now don't talk to me like that~,"

But Jayne's legs were still free, and if there was one thing she knew when it came to fighting a man, it was to attack his crown jewels.

"Hghf~" The man squirmed and fell to his knees, clutching his genitals, "You bitch, Tom!" He screeched, "Get her!" Jayne went to turn around to see who he was calling, but a pair of arms went under her armpits and wrapped themselves against her chest, dragging her backwards.

"H-hey, wait!" Jayne tried to dig her heels in the mud to stop him and pry his hands of her using her own. But once again she did not have the strength to stop him.

She looked down to see his arm fully exposed and had a dark thought. "Hey, hey, hey! Don't ignore me, hey, hey, hey! It is rude to do this, you know?" The man then covered one of his hands against her mouth.

Perfect.

She bit his hand, the part in between the thumb and the wrist. She felt her teeth ripping into his skin, and blood sliding into her tongue, until the entire flesh and a bit of muscle had left his hand.

"AHHHHH." He cried in pain, being forced to let go of Jayne. She spun around to look at this bald-headed freak and spat his flesh towards him. She strutted towards the fumbling man and kicked just below his knee.

As a physician, she naturally knew the human bodies' weak points.

The crying man looked up to see a demon with blood drooling at of her mouth, "Don't fucking touch me."

She was then grabbed again by the man who had she had punched previously, "Never have I ever had so much trouble with a woman before." He now had a knife up against her throat, "But that just makes this more fun."

Jayne whimpered as the knife was close to drawing blood.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!"

Jayne and the other two men grew confused faces as they looked towards the sound of the voice. Before Jayne could even see the figure, the knife against her throat disappeared, and she stumbled forward slightly. She turned around to see a certain redhead whose skin matched his hair.

Biastos had toppled the man, holding him down against the dead grass, and was clawing at him.

Literally.

Jayne's face darkened when she saw his form. He was neither human, but neither dragon. A demonic hybrid of sorts. His fingernails had turned to talons and his skin became more scaly. She couldn't see either of their faces, but saw the grass gaining the substance it craved for, to be hydrated as it turned from brown to red.

She looked over at the other guy, lying on the floor, cradling her hand.

"Run." She muttered.

He looked up underneath a pool of his own tears.

She looked down at him, "If you value your life, run." She stared down at him, and he meekly nodded, running in the opposite direction.

She looked round the village. Everyone had gone inside.

It had now become quiet. Jayne glanced towards Biastos, who was now just heavy breathing. She swallowed in a breath, not too sure if it was safe to call out.

"I can hear how you breathing pattern has changed." Biastos said, no emotion behind his words.

Jayne gulped and took a step back.

Biastos stood up, turned around, and took a step forward.

"He tried to hurt you..." He was shaking. Not the scared kind of shaking, not the cold kind of shaking, but the maniacal kind of shaking, "I won't let anyone hurt you."

She looked into his eyes. It had a magical shine to it. But not the enchanting kind, the threatening kind. She saw his scaly skin, how red it had become. She saw it shifting. The colour draining back to a milky white and it becoming soft like snow again.

But all the caused was the red blood to stand out even more on his skin.

It paralysed Jayne, stiff as her body refused to let her move. But her face said it all.

"Please don't look at me like that." He whined, treading forward, "Like I'm some sort of monster..." He was now in front of Jayne, and he took hold of her soft hands, and she could feel the blood being transferred. He took hold of her, circling his arms around her back, "I love you..." He giggled into her ears.

And in typical Jayne fashion. She passed out. Falling right into his arms.