Before Ball - Age 17

It has been a year since Jayne left Telepylus and she never looked back. Did she feel guilty for leaving Abraham, yes. But it was for both their benefits, only God knows what would happen if Octavia caught her hands on both of them, considering how unhinged she'd become. Though it had been 2 years since that incident, she didn't want Abraham dead.

She found a town by the coast called Phaeacia, and she had made residence there. Luckily, this town was a miscellaneous town in the game that existed just for filler and there were no main characters living here.

She didn't make any friends, just in case someone actually was a notable character, like what happened with that Helios guy. She would give a friendly smile and hello to shopkeepers when she needed to leave her humble house. But she was known as being the neighbourhood shut-in, and to see her outside was rare of her home or work was rare, she still worked as a physician, as it was the only thing she was qualified and once again, no one in this game ever got sick unless it was directly involved with the plot.

She planned to go overseas, but she needed the money, the house she was renting consuming most of it. But within the year she had regained her funds, and within another year she can leave this country.

As Jayne was leaving her house prepared for a hard long day of nothing, a paperboy ran in the streets waving newspapers around, throwing them at passers-by trying to ignore the kid. He was always the highlight of her day, the energy, the enthusiasm. He reminded her of a young Abraham. If she had to consider one person a friend, it would be this child.

"Jayne!" He saw her and ran vigorously towards her, nearly tripping on his feet. His little hat hanging by a thread and the hair exposed looking wild. "Have you seen the news!" He held up a newspaper.

"No, considering you're my only source of information." She adjusted his hat so it wouldn't fall off and gave his head a light scratch.

"Here!" He pushed the paper into her hands before she could even accept it.

"You sure seem excited." She laughed at him and he gave her a toothy grin, or a grin that would be toothy if half of his adult teeth were fully grown in.

She looked at the news to see what the fuss was about. Her hands clung to the paper as she read the news.

"A Royal Ball will be held on the 29th of Adjor to commemorate Prince Desmideus Zatara's coming of age and will find a selectable bride, all ladies of noble status will be allowed to attend."

It was finally happening. The real game was about to begin in a few months.

"Are you going to go!" The boy gleamed.

"I'm not a noble Henry, I'm not allowed, silly boy." She playfully punched his arm, which he giggled at.

"I'm sure if you buy a fancy dress you can pretend to be."

She scoffed and walked past him to get to work, "Go back home to your mum, okay Henry, you need breakfast."

"Yes, ma'am." He did a salute and ran off. Jayne chuckled and watched him run off into the distance until he made a turn where she could not see him.

-

After a long and hard day of doing nothing, she retired home. When she unlocked the door she saw a letter posted through the letterbox of her door. Jayne hummed and speculatively opened it.

Dear Jayne Smith,

It is with delight and honour to invite you to this year's Royal Ball at Telephylus for the Prince's coming of age ball on the 29th of Adjor. We hope that you can attend and please bring this letter of invitation with you as confirmation for your attendance.

Yours sincerely,

Desmideus Zatara.