Part 4

It was the middle of the night. The moon shined a line that illuminated the only part of the room through a window. It was here that Jayne finally woke up.

She shot up from her bed, unsure of what had happened. She was in a field and it was midday. When had it become night, and how did she get here?

"You're up." A voice said. Jayne, unaware of another's presence, recoiled into her bed.

The person stepped forward, their heels clicking, they stood in the only illuminated place of the room.

"Ana-Anastasia?" What the hell was Anastasia Nightingale doing here?

"You should thank me, if I wasn't here, you'd still be in a coma."

"What?!"

"You ate a cookie that put you into an eternal slumber, the same kind of one that Octavia had."

"What? But that never happens in the game!" Wait a minute, she shouldn't have said that. She should not have said that.

"So I'm right." She strutted towards Jayne. " You too aren't from this world."

Jayne's heart stop, "What?"

"I've had my suspicions," she paced around the room, "It was weird that you were able to wake her up, I mean, Jayne has no medical experience, the only person who should've been able to wake her was Anastasia... or someone who has played the game before." She looked at Jayne accusatively.

This was all so much information to process. There was another one like her? Does that mean there are more?

"Yeah, you got me. But can you blame me? Jayne is such an insignificant character, I don't want to spend the rest of my life as someone who might as well be on par with a mob character."

"Oh." She stood up straight, crossing her arms, "So you just want to romance all the boys, is that it?"

"What?" She creaked. Where did she get that idea? "I don't care for the capture targets, I just want my name to be written in the history books, okay?"

"Yeah, I'm sure your name will be written down as being the biggest fuck up!"

Jayne shifted so that her back was resting on the headboard, "What do you mean?"

"What- What do I mean! Really? Jayne is the head maid, Jayne is Octavia's personal maid, not a physician, I'm meant to be the physician! You're breaking the timeline."

"Oh, calm down, it's not like anything major has happened."

"Anything major?" Ana deadpanned, "Octavia's food was drugged, again, that's not supposed to happen, Jayne, you're actions are causing things that aren't supposed to happen, to happen. Like having Abraham fall in love with you."

Jayne laughed, "Please, Abraham is not in love with me, we're just good friends."

"Exactly! Jane and Abraham aren't even meant to know each other, and the fact that you're friends is disrupting the timeline"

"Uh," Jayne got out of bed, "Okay, so what if I'm 'messing with the timeline'" she put in quotation marks, "I'm just making things more fun, I mean, come on, we're both spectators in this game, do we really want to spend the rest of our lives watching everything happen from the sidelines."

Anastasia paused, looking down to the ground, "Something bad might happen, Jayne, okay, this isn't like the real world, there is a story, a narrative, that must be followed, if there's something that disrupts that narrative, everything might break. The characters won't have a storyline to follow, they'll... be confused on what they're meant to do! The characters may literally break down!"

"That's what happens in the movies, and this isn't a movie." Jayne walked up to Ana, clasping her hands, "this is real life, don't be so paranoid."

Jayne was ready to go back to bed, until she realised something, "Why would you think Abraham is in love with me."

Anastasia cackled, "You should have seen him, Jayne, he came bursting in, carrying you bridal style, crying 'someone help, help!' He was in literal tears."

Jayne scoffed, "Please, he probably thought that I was going to die, I would've acted the same if he was in that condition."

Ana clicked her "No, hat's not it Jayne, when you were laid down on the bed and everything had slightly calmed down, he accused Octavia of poisoning you."

"Well," she thought of an excuse, "she was the one who gave me the cookie. I'm sure if he was trying to think of conclusions as to how I got poisoned, it's not that weird to think of the possibility."

Ana pinched the bridge of her nose, "He hit her!"

"..."

"He did what?"

"He just got so angry, it was honestly kind of scary."

No, no, no. This isn't what was meant to happen, Abraham and Octavia were mean to fall in love! She was meant to be given a mansion! How did this happen? If Abraham hit a daughter of a duke, he could very much lose his head! "Where is he!?"

"What?"

Jayne grabbed Ana's shoulders, "Where is he?"

"He's uhh, in the dungeon."

Jayne left the room.

"J-Jayne! Where are you going?"