Part 6

Jayne burst through the doors to the infirmary, alarmed at both the sudden entrance and the fact that the person who burst through was none other than Jayne Smith herself. Not that Jayne took notice of the shocked faces, only the face she saw was that of the frail, broken down, lifeless face of the person she cared for most in this universe.

"Abraham!" She yelled, pushing the random physician away from her and moved to hold his hand.

"J-Jayne?" His eyes held a glimmer of hope before they shut.

"Abraham?" She squeezed his deathly pale hand, the veins threatening to jump out of his body. His eyes were sunken in as if they naturally didn't belong there, as if someone put them there.

"What's wrong with him, what happened?" She faced Derrick, running up to him and grabbing his shirt, almost ripping it off him.

"I- I don't know."

Jayne could feel her tears soak her face and her hands shaking, "What do you mean you 'don't know,' you're the court physician of the capital of Aeaea, you're meant to be the most refined doctor in the country!" She screamed through cries, "You're fucking useless! All of you!" She span and pointed at the other physicians, "You should be out of a job."

Jayne couldn't breathe, the stress blocked all passage, her neck shrivelled and tightened. Her legs ached and she fell to the floor. She hugged and cradled herself and her whimpering could be heard by all.

"Oh calm down, will you."

The overwhelming feelings of guilt and heartbreak quivered in anger to such a dismissive tone. She looked up to see that wizard.

"What do you want?" If her body was not so frail, she would've jumped and beaten him.

"I can help." He stepped towards her and crouched to her level, "Unless you want him to die."

It all made sense now. Jayne's tears dried into her skin as she knew what happened, "You..." She grabbed onto his collar and thrashed him to the ground, Jayne toppling over him, "You cu-"

Xalvador lifted his hand and clenched his fist, causing Jayne to have the inability to speak, "A lady such as yourself should never say such vulgar words." He pushed her off him and stood up, letting Jayne lie on the floor, "Now, do you want my help?"

Jayne could only glare at him.

"Oh, right." He made a hand gesture and granted back Jayne's voice.

"What did you do?" She stood up, ready to body slam him again.

"I think it's best if we talk in private." He walked out, expecting Jayne to follow him.

Jayne looked around the room to the flabbergasted and perturbed faces that looked at her. She wiped her face with her sleeve, "Tell no one else I'm here." She marched out in pursuit.

-

"The hell did you fucking do." They were in the mages study alone.

"That's not proper grammar." He poured himself a glass of wine.

"You're not my fucking English teacher." He smacked the wine out of his hands, the glass shattering all over the floor and droplets landing on his robe.

"I didn't know you were privileged enough to have one."

She shoved him, "Stop playing dumb and tell me what you did."

"What makes you think I did something." He sat on a chair

"None of the physicians can cure him, which means it's a magical ailment, and well, you're a wizard who claimed to know how to cure him, it's not hard to put two and two together." She shrieked, not having the patience to deal with him