A Free Afternoon

Jayne scurried down the stairs in both fear and excitement for whatever Desmideus had installed for her. It would be good though, it would help take her mind off certain things...

Jayne ignored the infirmary wing and went down the stairs, not even having the heart to see the state Abraham was in.

As she was trailing along, she saw a familiar face and immediately scoured.

Jayne tried to rush past him to avoid confrontation but Chris called out to her.

Jayne froze in place and slowly shifted her body to look at him, "what?" She spat.

"I just..." Chris pondered, scratching his head, a guilty look on his face, "I'm sorry... I didn't know he was your friend."

Jayne sighed and rolled her head, expressing discontent but in reality was hiding her eyes so that he wouldn't see her tears, "I'm not the one you should be apologising to."

"He tried attacking a member of the nobility, Jayne, please understand."

"I do." Her voice quivered, "Please excuse me." She marched without looking back at him, but if she did she would've seen the heartbroken expression her displayed when looking at her.

She made her way to the hall of mirrors, when opening the door, she saw Desmideus practicing sword fighting with the air. She closed the door gently so to not be heard.

She leaned against the door and watched him. Jayne didn't know too much of the art of fencing, but she could tell by the way he moved his sword and quickly moved back and forth as if to dodge his opponent that he was definitely skilled.

Hearing a giggle, Desmideus turned his head to see Jayne on the other side of the room. Flustered at being caught sparring with himself, he laughed forcefully and dropped his sword accidentally, "Jayne!"  He stumbled over himself and picked up his sword, which slipped between his left and right hands, "You arrived here quick." He once again gave an awkward smile and place the sword on a rack.

"Uhh, yeah." Jayne bounced herself off the wall and sauntered towards him, "Guess I just really wanted to come down here."

Desmideus' smile elevated knowing she wanted to spend some time with him.

"And I guess I've got nothing better to do."

"Oh."

"Well... shall we get started?"

"Yes!" He clapped his hands and moved towards the sword racks, "so, have you ever held a sword before?"

"Uh, no."

"Okay." He pulled out a blunt sword, "Well, there's two ways depending on your style, but seeing you body weight I think a single handed sword would be more suited, a two handed sword is more of a...battle warrior weapon."

"And who said I can't be a battle warrior?" She leaned against the rack and gave Des a testing smile.

"Ha." He laughed dryly, "I mean, you can try but I guarantee you won't be able to hold it properly." He handed her the sword, "Now remember, attack with the pointy end."

Jayne sneered and gently whacked his leg with the sword, he let out a playful scream, "I'm not a child."

"No, but you act like one." He drew out his own sword.

"Oh really?" Jayne questioned, she formed her grip on the sword and was ready to whack his leg again, but before the sword touched his leg, Desmideus swooped his arm down parry the attack with his own sword, he flicked it up swiftly and with such force that cause Jayne to lose grip on her sword and it went flying across the room.