Before ball - Age 15

Jayne worked very hard so that she'd have access to Octavia  Nightshade. She had been promoted to the higher rank of Lieutenant maid. That wasn't the technical name, but she likes to call it that. In the game's story, the head maid is starting to get old and frail, she retires within the year, and now is the most crucial time to chat her up so she chooses Jayne to fill her position.

It was also the time of year that recruits were employed to work in the castle, the youngest age usually being 15-year-olds. This was the year that the 'best friend' Anastasia Nightingale came to the castle. She was raised by a bunch of nurses and she, despite being at such a young age, was a professionally trained nurse too. In a few days, Octavia will come down with a sudden illness that puts her into a coma, the entire castle goes into hysteria and thinks that there is no way to revive her. That is until Nightingale comes to the rescue and is able to miraculously awaken her. Octavia is so grateful and falls platonically in love with her that she incessantly insists they be best friends.

The problem was that even if Jayne had got the role of personal maid, her character would still be insignificant, it wouldn't be enough to just reach that position, she would have to befriend Octavia. And Octavia was too preoccupied with her confidant Anastasia that she did not bother to befriend any other girl who was of a lower status than her. So that would need a change.

The plan? Replace Anatasia of course! If Jayne saved Octavia's life before Anastasia, she would become the best friend instead. She would get a prominent role in the story. It was foolproof. 

The time had come, Octavia slipped into the coma, and it was Jayne's time to shine. Before Anastasia could even muster a word, Jayne proclaimed she knew exactly what to do.

All it took was a few specific herbs that would stimulate her senses, and bam, she was awake. Octavia was put to sleep because of the villainess Selene, so because she was put under by magic, she had to read a magic book to learn how to reverse it, it was quite simple really. It was only because everyone thought she was put under by natural reasons that they couldn't figure out how to wake her.

Octavia, of course, was a beautiful girl with lilac hair and eyes. Stood next to Jayne, she was a goddess and Jayne was a literal toad. While of course, Jayne wasn't ugly, nobody in this world was, but no lady's beauty should ever outshine the heroine's. The second most beautiful woman in the land is, of course, the villainess, but even then, the heroine's pure personality made her even more beautiful whilst the villainess' personality was rotten and vile to the core, making anyone who knew her long enough to know that she was truly the ugliest of them all.

Octavia's eyes grew wide as she awoke, the only other people in the room was her father and Jayne.

"Father!" Even her voice was mesmerising, she shot out of bed and hugged her father, who embraced her back. She eventually pulled away to look at Jayne, her countenance morphing to a quizzical expression, "Who are you?"

Jayne was about to speak but Octavia's father beat her to it, "She is Jayne Smith, the only one in the castle who was able to wake you up."

Her face became ecstatic as she ran to hug Jayne, "Oh my world, thank you so much!" She had a heavenly floral scent to her, gosh she was like a living angel! "I don't know how I will repay you, is there anything you want?" She pulled back to look at Jayne.

"Well um." She pondered on the thought, anything?  She could go and just ask for that big house that she wanted to live the rest of her days in.

Yes, that was tempting, but a little too risky at this stage, so she just said the same thing Anastasia had said to her, "I would like to be your friend."