Part 11

Are you kidding me, are you absolutely kidding me? Jayne was marching down to the infirmary. He literally made a joke about getting into a riding accident, and what does he do? He gets into a riding accident. It's like the world hates me.

Jayne was far from feeling stable. People don't experience injuries and illnesses unless it's relevant to the plot. So why has he experienced an injury? She wanted to cry.

She followed the court physician to the infirmary, which was only a 20-second speed walk but was still excruciating none the less.

There he was in all his glory, crying like a child. "Can somebody help me for goodness sake!" He screamed, and for good reason. There was a tree branch in his torso.

"Oh my god, that's fucking grim!" Jayne turned around to not look at him and to hold in her vomit.

"I thought you were a physician!" The court physician said.

"I mix herbs together to get rid of headaches, not perform surgery in life or death situations!" She put her fingers together in a finger purse like an Italian. Meanwhile, another physician was giving Desmideus a drink to numb the pain and make him fall asleep.

He pinched his forehead, "Just grab a gauze!" He made his way over to Desmideus and carefully pulled out the branch, then going in to make sure there were no twigs or splinters and used some antiseptic and cleaning it.

Jayne rushed over with a bandage and put it next to him, refusing to look at the open wound as the court physician bandaged him up.

It all happened surprisingly fast, she didn't know if that was because that's how things usually happened, or if that was just because this was the wonderful world of otome logic.

-

Everything was over and Jayne was instructed to stay in the infirmary for observations whilst all the other physician who was more qualified than her (Which is all of them) went out to do more important tasks.

She sat by him and drank some herbal tea, bored out of her mind. Her troubled thoughts did eventually start to crawl under her skin, why did this happen? Was it an accident or did someone cause this? As she was squinting in thought, Desmideus started to waken.

He looked over slightly to his left, seeing the girl mumbling incoherent thoughts and holding a mug, it was only those two in the room. He reached out to touch her.

His hand brushed her arm, "Oh, hey.. you're up, that's good, I made you some tea." She held it up for him, only to look down in the mug, "But I... drank all of it." She quickly placed it to the side and stood up, "I'll go make you another one." She was about to turn away and walk away from him. But he grabbed her wrist.

"Stay." It sounded more like a question rather than an order, his voice was quiet and sore.

"Okay?" She sat back down, unsure of what to do. It would be responsible to go fetch another physician to do a check-up on him but she literally just told him she would stay, so it would be awkward for her to leave right now, "how, how are you feeling." She scratched the back of her head.

"Much better," He sighed dreamily, "Thanks to you."

"Huh?" Jayne was genuinely confused, considering she didn't do anything.

"You saved me." He sighed even louder this time. Jayne could feel sweat dripping down her forehead as she could only describe the look on his face with an expression of adoration.

Wait... no. No, no, no-no-no. No? Wait... no. Oh god no. Jayne quickly stood upright like a bullet. What we are not going to do is the Florence Nightingale effect. I refuse to do that participate in that. Absolutely no!  Curse this game and doing every single trope that exists!

"Jayne?" He seemed genuinely concerned.

"I did NOTHING! I contributed absolutely nothing in your recovery, it was all done by the court physician, okay? You were just passed out for the entire time so you wouldn't know who saved you, but it wasn't me, okay?"  She backed away from him.

"But, but you did stay to look after me." He smiled.

"Stop trying to make excuses!" She screamed, "I only stayed with you because I had to, not because I wanted to." Jayne stormed out before she could see his hurt expression.

She strutted her wat back to her room. She slammed the door and flopped on the bed. This was all too much to handle. She would have to leave. She originally didn't want to work here but ultimately decided it would be fine she minded her business. But no, of course not, because that would make life too easy, wouldn't it? And of course, being in an otome world, life just had to be 'fun' and 'eventful.' Well, she'd rather have a boring life than live a life full of consequences.

That's it, she would leave, she would leave while Desmideus is still hospitalised so he couldn't chase after her. Plus, flimsy feelings such as his would die down in a couple of weeks if she wasn't there to fester them. But what about Abraham, oh god, she really put herself into a predicament.

She really needed a drink.