Polaroids : Jonathan Byers x Reader

A/N: Oops, I went a little crazy on this one, but I hope you like it!

"Happy Holidays, Byers family!" You shout throughout the little house, all decked out in a cheesy Christmas sweater and Santa hat.

"Jonathan! Your favorite weirdo is here!" Will yells from the couch. You just give him a playful glare and he laughs. "You know you're my favorite, (Y/N)," he says with a smile.

"I better be, Byers." You point your finger at him and toss a box into his chest. Will reacts just in time and catches the box upright. "You're welcome."

Will's eyes go wide and he jumps up to hug you. "Thank you so much, (Y/N)!"

Presents were a rarity in the Byers' house, so you made sure that you would bring gifts for every holiday. Whether it be Christmas, birthdays, Halloween, or even weird ones like Arbor Day. You started doing that when you first spent Christmas with the Byers' two years ago. There were maximum 8 presents to split between everyone under their little Christmas tree, and it made your heart hurt.

"You're welcome, Will. I have some more for everyone in my car if you want to grab them," you pry him off and present him with your car keys. He eagerly takes them from your hands, dashing to the driveway. Jonathan finally appears in the living room with his hands behind his back, obviously holding something.

"Hey, babe," you say, greeting him with a small kiss. "I have a present for you."

"You know you didn't have to get me anything, (Y/N)," he starts. "You always get me gifts, even for pointless holidays."

"What?" you pout. "I can't spoil my boyfriend?"

Jonathan places the little box on the couch before his arms snake around your waist, pulling you closer. You wrap your arms around his neck and give him another kiss. "It's just that...I feel like I need to spoil you. You're so amazing and you deserve everything, which I can't give to you."

"Hey, Byers, I don't need any gifts. You are the best thing that I could have." You smile, looking straight into his eyes. "Plus, I enjoy spoiling you guys a little. You all work so hard, especially your mom, and you all deserve it."

Jonathan touches his forehead to yours gently. "Wow, I love you," he whispers before attaching his lips to yours in a passionate kiss. You start to melt a little when you hear the front door slam, prompting you both to pull away. Will stands at the door with a pile of presents in his arms, trying not to topple over. Jonathan just shakes his head at you, knowing that all of them were from you.

"What?" you attempt to look innocent but just end up smiling. You go over to help Will place all the presents under the tree as Jonathan takes a couple off the top of the pile. You all make your way over to the tree and set them down gently. Joyce walks in on you three, drying her hands on a towel, completely puzzled with what was taking place.

"Um, hello?" Joyce suddenly says, startling all of you. You're the first to stand, followed by Will then Jonathan. "What's going on?"

"Hi, Mrs. Byers!" You say, rummaging for one of her gifts. You find the one in gold wrapping paper and hand it to her. "Merry Christmas!"

A small smile forms on her face and she pulls you in for a hug. "Thank you so much, (Y/N). You have no idea how much this means to me. I feel like I need to repay you."

"It's really no problem, Mrs. Byers. I promise." You hug her back and when she finally lets go, you can see a few tears in her eyes.

"Oh, wait! Let me go get the camera!" She quickly adds, wiping her eyes. She comes back a few seconds later with an old Polaroid camera in her hands. "Alright, all of you get together!"

You three arrange yourselves in front of the tree and smile wide, arms wrapped protectively around one another. "One, two, three!"

Joyce snaps two pictures and grabs them one by one as they slide out of the camera. She hands one to you and holds on to one for herself.

She smiles at the scene in front of her, content for once in a long time. "My beautiful little family," she whispers to herself. "My beautiful, little family."