Promise/Eleven

"Oh my God!" Your eyes grew wide as you saw a very familiar girl walking in the woods alone. You knew her well, although there have been some changes in her face and body, and it has been a while since you haven't seen each other. You missed her, because she somehow became part of your life, even though you haven't spent too much time with her.

You didn't know how many days has passed since the last time you saw her. In fact, seeing her alone was a big surprise for you and it left an extremely shocked emotion on your face, not knowing how to react about it. It was a horrible and scary night for you when she disappeared. Something supernatural and extramundane was occupying your hometown, Hawkins, and you had no idea about it, until you, together with your brother's team, unmasked their secret and their conundrums.

The woods were almost dark and deep. Different shades of red and orange were seen in the sky, signalling that the night already took over the daytime, but they still enlightened some parts of the forest. The crickets were humming as you walked towards the girl, making the dry leaves susurrate as you walk over them.

"Eleven?" You silently murmured and the girl squinted her eyes as she tried to figure your face out. You thought that maybe she didn't remember you anymore, forgetting you or her friends when she beat the Demogorgon, or maybe it wasn't really her, maybe she just looked like her.

"(Y/N)?" You heard her voice breaking as she whispered your name. She carefully walked towards you and she quickly wrapped her arms around your waist. She thought she was in a serious danger, hesitating that the bad scientist might be after her once again.

"Are you fine? Where do you live now? Why didn't you come back home? I was waiting for you, Mike and the rest too." You bombarded her with your questions because you needed answers. She was a part of your family, even though Mike tried to hide her from you at first. You hugged her back, comforting her as she choked in her own sobs.

"Come with me," She shortly invited you. She broke the hug between you and she grabbed your hand as if it was fragile. You knew how broke she was, she somehow felt alone and afraid. "home."

She guided you as she walked to a path that led you to her so-called-home. You both kept your mouth shut, still couldn't believe what has just happened.

"This is where I live," She stopped in front of an isolated cabin. You corrugated your forehead, because it's a place where you've never been before. She was hiding from everybody and she didn't want anybody to see her. "with Hopper."

"What?" Your eyes grew wide and you quickly hated Hopper for hiding her, for not telling you that she was doing fine, that she was alive. As a friend and family, you cared about her, you actually cared about Eleven.

Mike used to spend sleepless nights, because he was worrying about her and her safety. He loved her and he was hurting, trying to live a normal life while he thought about the girl he loved, he admired. He might be young, but love had no age. He felt something for her and he was willing to search for her, nevertheless he didn't know where to start.

"He wants for me to hide," She downheartedly exclaimed. "he wants for me to be safe, mostly after what happened. I might put your family in danger too." A quick flashback suddenly shot your mind- remembering all the feelings and the emotions you had that night: the fear of dealing with the bad guys that were searching for Eleven, they were threatening you, they were deceiving you, saying that she was dangerous.

"El?" You sweetly called her name. "I am here for you now." You assured her as you tried to be on her shoes. "The team, our family. We will take care of you."

"No, (Y/N), you don't understand! He will be mad, if he knew that I talked to you." She fidgeted with the hem of her shirt and she unleashed a long and deep sigh. She changed and she managed to add new words in her vocabulary. "Please promise me that you would never tell it to anyone, that you would never divulge that I am still alive to the boys!"

"But-" You were ready to contradict her, but she looked at you with a desperate expression.

"Please." She mumbled in despair. She was not afraid of Hopper, she just didn't want to disobey or upset him. Maybe because he was right, maybe she just really needed some protection. Hopper knew what was the best for everyone and you couldn't deny that.

"Alright, alright." You heavily sighed.

"Please say it." She pleaded once again. Your heart was racing and you didn't know what to do. You agreed that you wouldn't tell it to anyone, even though you wanted to.

Mike would be grateful, he would stop worrying every night. After all, you just wanted your brother's happiness, because who would ever want to hurt their own brother? He suffered enough that he sometimes deserved to be happy, even just for once.

"I promise, El, I promise!" You finally gave in, pulling her into a tight hug.

You wouldn't want to give your brother some happiness if it took a danger to someone else's life. You preferred to keep her safe, because she needed it the most.

"You promise?" She asked again, she just wanted to be sure.

"I promise." You repeat as you caressed her dark and curly locks.

You promised her that you would keep your mouth shut and that was what you would do as soon as you got home. You would never break a promise, even though most promises were meant to be broken.

After all, Eleven was your friend and if you learnt one thing from your brother and his friends, it was that friends didn't lie.

Never.