The Loser Who Became Lover | Eddie Kaspbrak X Reader

Characters: Eddie/fem!reader.

(H/C) stand for "Hair color"/(B/F/N) stand for "Best friend's name"

Word Count: 978 words.

In Derry, the streets were dangerous. Even with the curfew, kids continued to disappear - but this didn't seem to intimidate (Y/N) (Y/L/N) as she sat on a bench in front of the pharmacy. Her parents, as well as some of her friends parents, were worried about letting their children leave home without them but (Y/N) continued to go out on her own, promising that - independent of where she was going - she'd meet a friend halfway to her destination so she wouldn't be alone all the time. That's why she was sitting on that bench, waiting for her best friend to show up so they could hang out together.

The (H/C) girl snorted impatiently to herself. Her friend was late and (Y/N) wasn't known for her patience. She'd complain so much to (B/F/N) when she arrived. Her attention, however, stopped focusing on her thoughts and focused on the boy who had just left the pharmacy.

A smile appeared on her face as she recognized who it was. Eddie Kaspbrak.

They both had some classes together at school and sometimes they talked to each other in the hallways. The rumor that he liked her wasn't new to the girl and, if she was completely honest, she thought he was cute. Eddie, who was walking in the opposite direction of (Y/N)'s bench, hadn't noticed that she was there. He was very focused trying to brush the cast around his arm, a frown on his face. The girl's eyes widened a little when she saw that; she didn't even know he had broken his arm.

(Y/N) looked around, checking if (B/F/N) wasn't around to interrupt what she was about to do. She wasn't, great. The girl took her bag in her hands and quickly walked to the boy.

"Hey Eddie."

Eddie jumped slightly with her sudden appearance. His frown was soon replaced by a smile when he recognized her, though; they hadn't seen each other that summer and seeing her was a nice surprise. "Oh, hey (Y/N)."

"You know, of all the people in Derry, you're the last one I thought would end up with a broken arm." she chuckled. "What happened?"

He gave her an embarrassed smile. "I fell."

"It was a hard fall, huh?"

"You have no idea."

(Y/N) nodded sympathetically. "I remember when I broke my arm, it was awful. It was hard to do anything and I was always itchy." she felt her arm getting itchy just for remember it. She shook her head, brushing it off. "The only cool part was when people asked to sign it. Have your friends signed yours?" Eddie shook his head, lightly placing his hand over what was written on his cast. The girl raised an eyebrow. "So what are you trying to hide? "

His grip on his arm tightened, a nervous laugh coming out of his mouth. "It's nothing."

"Uhum." (Y/N) nodded, clearly not believing what he said.

(Y/N) didn't have to say anything - just by the curious look she gave him, after a few seconds, that seemed to convince him to take his hand from the cast, letting her see what was written.

A big "loser" was written there, making the girl's heart sink a little. Eddie looked away from her, feeling his cheeks heat up in embarrassment. She sure knew he was a loser before, but watching her seeing it in front of him was different.

"Oh." it was the only thing she said at first.

"Yeah." he stared at his shoes as if they were the most interesting thing he had ever seen.

An awkward mood fell between them, causing them to be silent for a few seconds - before (Y/N) turned her attention to her bag, seeming to look for something there. Eddie finally looked back at her, a confused look on his face. She took out a red pen, taking a step toward him.

"I'll fix it for you, okay?" oh, she wanted to sign it.

Eddie nodded as a small smile appeared on his face. The girl gently took his arm in her hand, smiling at him before focusing on his cast. Eddie felt his heart beating faster, he had never been so close to (Y/N) before. In fact, she had never touched him, and feeling her hand holding his cast made him feel butterflies in his stomach.

"That's better." (Y/N) said, letting go of his arm and looking at him, giggling when she noticed he was staring at her all the time. Eddie quickly directed his gaze to his cast, seeing what she had done. She had written a "v" over the "s", causing the word "loser" to become "lover". If he wasn't blushing before, he certainly was now. "Don't let these kind of people upset you, Eds. You're so much more than that. You're great, okay? "

He nodded, unable to stop a goofy smile from appearing on his lips. "Yeah."

(Y/N) smiled back at him, seeming to be about to say something else when she saw (B/F/N) across the street looking at them with one raised eyebrow, a smirk on her face. (Y/N) nodded before turning her gaze to the boy in front of her.

"I have to go, there are people waiting for me." she put her pen back in her bag before giving a kiss on Eddie's cheek. "Stay awesome. See you around, Eds."

Eddie only had time to say a quick "goodbye" before the girl ran off to meet her best friend. He watched as the two girls left, talking excitedly about something they would do next. Eddie slowly brought his hand up to the cheek she had kissed. Oh dear, she had actually kissed him. His smile only widened with that realization, not even caring that the way he was, standing in the middle of the sidewalk, looking across the street that was now empty and with a hand on his cheek, made him look crazy.