Diggin' The Hair

Anonymous Requested: HEYO!i love your writing so so muchh!i was wondering if you could do an imagine where,instead of rejecting Dustin like the other girls at the snow ball,she says yes?!?i'd realllyyyyy enjoy it!THANKS

Pairing: Dustin x Reader

Warnings: none.

A/N: Okay, so like what Nancy did was sweet and all, but DUSTIN DESERVED BETTER. Do you see this cutie? I love him.

You watched from afar the lone figure of Dustin, wringing your hands together nervously. You wanted to talk to him, especially after you'd just seen a whole of three girls reject him... It hurt you to think that someone would say no to him, which you completely didn't understand. The boy was just the sweetest and honestly his hair was amazing you tonight.

You bit your lip, pouncing your leg in thought. You should just go up to him. You really should. Just ask him... but you're so scared he'd say no. Dustin would never go for a girl quite like you, though you wish he would.

Though you felt yourself freeze when you met Dustin's gaze and quickly turned around to the punch table behind you. Oh god... had he seen you staring at him? Were you being the obvious? You didn't quite know why you were being such a nervous wreck, you're normally not this bad but you've had a crush on Dustin Henderson for a long time. Just never had quite enough guts to do anything about it, that only increased when you'd seen the new girl join his group of friends and you could already tell... the boy had a crush on her.

But Lucas was dancing with her tonight and anybody he'd asked had turned him down. Yet, you for some reason still wouldn't ask him.

"Y/N?"

You felt your body freeze, looking up from the ugly table cloth to stare before you. That was no doubt... "Dustin?" You turned around slowly, gazing at the curly head boy before you and tried to ignore the way your heart beat sped up rapidly. Taking a breath, you mentally steadied your breath and gave Dustin a small smile; "is there anything you need?"

You watched as the boy tugged on his jacket, closing his eyes in preparation before he smiled at you, his teeth shining. "Actually I was wondering if you'd like to dance?"

"O-Oh, really?" You asked, shock filling your system. You paused for a second, was this really happening? Your question was answered as Dustin extended his hand your way, and with a smile you set your own in his. His smile grew increasingly wide and he begun leading you onto the dance floor where a slow song was playing in the back ground. Nervously he set his hands above your hips and you let your won fall on his shoulders.

You couldn't hide your soft blush as you stared at the boys blue eyes with fondness, your heart still pounding but this time you didn't mind as much.

It was only a few moment later when you couldn't handle the silence anymore did you speak. "Hey Dustin, I know we don't talk much... but, i'm um- sorry about Max."

Dustin's eyebrows furrowed in thought and you smiled faintly; "I mean I know you'd rather be dancing with her, and I know she's with Lucas so..." You trailed, shrugging your shoulders.

"I'm not upset about that." Dustin grinned.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I think i'm the luckiest guy here tonight." You felt your cheeks grow warm and you bit your lip, looking away in embarrassment as Dustin grinned at you brightly. "Thank you." You laughed, moving your arm to brush back a strand of curly locks that had fallen onto his forehead.

"I'm diggin' the hair by the way."