Can't Deny My Love//Steve Harrington

Summary: Y/n is in denial about her love for Steve, Steve is in denial about his chances with Y/n. Robin encourages Steve to embrace his, fear encourages Y/n to embrace hers. 

Pairing: Steve Harrington x Henderson!Reader, a bit of Robin x Reader 

Warnings: STRANGER THINGS SEASON 3 SPOILERS and Profanity.

Source: Tumblr btw this is a really long one like its 7500 words 

"Go! Shit shit shit shit!" Your sneakers skid against the linoleum as you come face to face with a room full of uniformed Russian scientists — your best guess. There's the gate past the glass they all look past, all eyes on you and your comrades as Dustin's the first to fumble with where the hell to go.

Steve runs against you when you hesitate, before pushing you before him. You run after Erica, hurrying down the steps and kicking yourself up to skip a few like you used to when you were a kid. When you see Steve stumble you reach and grab his hand, yanking him down some steps and just out of the grasp of one of the soldiers behind him.

"This way!" Steve yells when you're stuck on the bridge by the machine. It's almost deafening but you can still hear the panic in everyone's voices. When you run ahead of him, just a step or two, he grabs your shoulders and pushes you behind him before he throws forward a tower of waste containers into the guards that were so close to coming for you.

He looks back, yelling "Come on! Come on!" And grabs your hand in one of his, the other urging everybody to pass by him.

You run into the nearest room, and you almost keep going for it until Steve's shoes squeak and the door pounds shut. You run and hold it with him, ear against the door, eyes on him and occasionally flickering to the others as they one by one begin to realize the situation you and Steve are in.

"Hnng—Robin!" You yell and she comes near, pushing against the door behind you. You head is nearly in Steve's chest but with your eyes closed as you try with all your strength to keep the damn door closed you block out everything else that's happening.

You don't understand what she's referring to when Erica yells "Here! Come on, let's go!" And the creaking of the grate Dustin and her pick up isn't a clear exit to you. You push harder, thinking the men on the other side are creaking open your door.

"Go! Just get out of here!" Steve shouts.

Dustin keeps yelling for you all to get out of there, but Steve insists. "No! Just go get some help, okay?!"

And then you open your eyes and you're pushed away from the door, Steve nodding his head up at Dustin and Erica with his eyes nearly squeezed shut.

"Y/n! Go with them! Go get help!"

Of course, you don't just go. Dustin jumps down into the grate but holds onto the rim of the floor, looking from you to Steve to Robin. His breath is heavy, just as heavy as yours, but the pain and worry in your face (some would say betrayal) in your face is clearer on yours to Steve than on Dustin's.

You're pleading, essentially, hands held out cautiously as though you're trying to ease your way back to helping Steve and Robin. But the look he gives to you is just as pitiful.

He mouths "Please," with a strain. And just for him, you're hurrying backwards, refusing to take your eyes off him.

You ease in behind Dustin, kneeling and holding open the grate when he yells to them, "I won't forget you!"