He likes you! // Bill Denbrough

Summary- Your best friend, Beverly, takes you to the Quarry to see the boys after another night of your parents fighting.

"What are you doing?" You asked your 'friend' Greta, as she and your two other friends were standing menacingly by the doors of the school, in front of a girl. Beverly Marsh, you recognized her from your English class. "Having some fun, and teaching this little shit a lesson." She replied, smirking at the girl. "How's it feel, slut?" "Make up your mind, Greta. Am I a slut? Or a little shit?" Beverly retorted, taking a puff of her cigarette. You knew the rumors about her were fake, and frankly, you felt bad for the poor girl. "Leave her alone, Greta." You rolled your eyes, turning to the queen bee of your school. "Excuse me?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Are you stupid?" You asked, and Greta glared fiercely in your direction. "Watch it, Y/N. Do you really want to be a loser, like the slut over here?" She asked, gesturing to the smoking teen. "Yeah, I would rather be her friend than yours. She's a lot better than you." You said, not missing a beat. "I'm disappointed, Y/N." Greta said, pouting mockingly. "I'm not. You're a terrible person, Greta. Go to hell." You said, and she scoffed, walking away, your other two friends following suit. "Sorry about her." You said, leaning on the wall.

Beverly looked at you, confused. "Why did you help me? I thought you were Greta's friend." "Yeah, an unfortunate thought, isn't it?" You sighed. "I'm not the best at making friends, Greta's the only one who pitied me enough to let me hang out with her." You said, rolling your eyes. "Well, I'm not the best at friendship either, but we can give it a try? It's the least I could do." Bev offered, a kind smile on her face. "Sure. Y/N L/N, nice to meet you." "Beverly Marsh."

That was the day she became your best friend.

"Why do we have to fight like this every fucking day?!" Your father screamed, exasperated. "Because you can't get it into your idiotic head!" Your mother retorted. They'd been fighting for a solid hour, and you were trying to do anything to keep your mind off of it. Eventually, you gave up. You packed an overnight bag, and stormed out of your room. "I'm going to Beverly's house." You interrupted their heated bickering, watching their angry gazes shift to you. "Excuse me?" Your father asked, annoyed.

"I'm going to Beverly's house." Your repeated, not giving them a chance to reply because you were already out the door. "Y/N L/N, get back here!" Your father called, but you simply ignored him. It wasn't the first time this happened, and you were sure it wouldn't be the last. Beverly was kind enough to let you stay at her house. Her father didn't mind you, because you were a girl and you were polite. You jumped on your bike, and rode the short distance to her house.

You parked your bike next to hers, climbing the short distance up the steps to her door. Knocking, you shivered as the wind blew against you gently. The door swung open, to reveal a confused Mr. Marsh. "Oh, Y/N. I didn't know you were coming tonight." He said, a slight annoyed tone to his voice, but overall it was a welcoming and kind statement. "Sorry, Mr. Marsh." You said, sheepishly. He looked back and calling out "Bevvy! Y/N's here!" before opening the door and allowing you inside.

Bev came running out, happily hugging you and dragging you almost immediately to her room. She didn't have to ask what you were doing here, she already could tell. Not only by the look on your face, but just because it was such an often occurrence, she merely had everything ready for a sleepover daily. "I'm so sorry I have to burden you with this, Bev. If you ever don't want me here, tell me." You spoke, sadly. "Y/N, don't be ridiculous. You're my best friend." Bev said, changing into her pajamas.

"I know, Bev, but I'm here so often.." you said, sighing. You wished it wasn't this way, but what could you do? Your parents were always fighting, and you didn't have many friends other than Beverly, so you were in the house a lot of the time with them, despite wanting to escape almost every minute of everyday. There was never silence in that house, and you never had fun there. It was a living hell. It was your living hell.

"I really don't want to go home.." You whispered, a tear sliding out of your eye. "Hey, I know you don't really feel comfortable around the boys, but why don't you come to the Quarry with us tomorrow?" Bev asked, placing a hand on your shoulder, her tone pleading. She knew how hard it was for you to walk back into your house everyday.

"For once, would it be okay if I said yes? I don't want to intrude on your club meeting, but.. I left pretty early in, and it was already bad. I have a feeling I don't want to be there tomorrow." You said, sheepishly wiping away the few tears that ran down your cheeks. "Of course it's not a problem, Y/N. All the boys think you're great, even if you think they don't want you there." Bev reassured, pausing before sending a suggestive look your way. "What...?" You asked, tentatively.

"You know.. Bill's gonna be there." She said, winking at you. You turned bright red, groaning. You'd made the mistake to tell Beverly about your crush on one of her best friends; Bill Denbrough. You loved Bev, she was more family to you than both your parents combined, but wow she needed to relax on trying to get you and Bill together She 'ships' it, and won't leave you alone about it. "Let's just go to bed." You said, rolling your eyes, and climbing into bed, Bev following suit.

The next morning, you both awoke early, quickly getting dressed and leaving as soon as physically possible. Though Mr. Marsh was nice enough to you, he wasn't exactly someone you wanted to be around for a long period of time. Not to mention how uncomfortable Beverly was around him. Climbing on your bike, you smiled as you began to bike. As you approached the quarry, the feeling you weren't wanted consumed you again. "Are you sure they won't mind me being there, Bev?" You asked, nervously.

"Oh please, Y/N. Even if they did, Bill would probably beat the shit out of them because he's in love with you." She said, nonchalantly. Your cheeks flushed, and you were happy you were biking in front of her, as she couldn't see how red your face had turned by the mere mention of him. Arriving at the Quarry, you saw all the boys standing with their backs to you, in their underwear.

Bev immediately stripped, and you followed her lead, shyly. You weren't ashamed of your body, but you weren't exactly the most social person ever, and you hardly talked to the losers. Meeting them for the first time, officially, while you're almost naked? Not exactly your favorite plan. "Hey, losers!" Bev called, moving the attention onto the two of you.

You saw Bill's face flush as his eyes fell on you with little clothing on, but before anything could be said, Beverly grabbed your hand, pulling you with her, and running straight off the cliff. "WHAT THE FUCK?" Someone, who you assumed (from what Beverly told you), was Richie 'Trashmouth' Tozier. You landed in the water with a loud splash, the water refreshing after biking in the blazing heat.

"Coming, sissies?" Bev called, and reluctantly, the boys jumped in, one by one. Bill immediately swam over to you, his nervousness practically radiating off of him. "H-H-Hi Y/N." Bill stuttered. "Hi, Bill." you said, shyly. "W-W-Want t-t-to b-be my p-partner?" He asked, and you furrowed your brows, confused. "For what?"

Water wrestling. That's what. You two won, knocking Richie off almost instantly. You two beat the entire group; and the others wore smirks as you and Bill, the last of the group, swam in. "What are those looks for?" You asked, confused. Bill was shaking his head behind you, glaring at the others. "Billie's got a cru-ush!" Richie shouted, running behind Ben, who threw his arms up in surrender. "S-S-Sh-shut up-p, R-Richie." Bill stuttered, flustered.

A wave of confidence washed over you, and praying Bev wasn't lying to you, you took a chance, spinning around and grabbing Bill's neck, pulling him down and smashing your lips onto his. "FINALLY!" Richie screamed. It didn't take long for Bill to wrap his arms around you, kissing you back. A wave of cheers followed from the rest of the losers. "I told you he liked you, Y/N!" Bev cheered, and you could hear the others agreeing. You pulled away, smiling as you saw Bill's flushed cheeks. "I like you, Y/N." Bill whispered, breathless. "I'd hope so." You chuckled, turning back to the group, Bill's hand clamped tightly in yours. "Hey Bev, you're right for once in your life!" You teased.

Bev smiled, proudly, and the others snickered. It took a moment for Beverly to fully understand what you'd said. "HEY!"