Own me

A/n:I know the name of this is misleading but this is not smut xD

"There's no way you're gonna be able to hit it."

"Really?" You smirked, watching as your long time friend shook her head. Staring at the far distance in front of you, you narrowed your eyes in thought. You're no athlete but you're pretty sure, given enough force, you could hit your target. Which just so happened to be the trash can a whiles away from you. "Because I think i'm gonna."

"I highly doubt you're gonna hit it, Y/N." Your friend, Jenna, stressed. "Remember that one time in gym you completely missed passing the ball to me, and- I was right in front of you!"

"That was one time!" You pouted, gripping the football in your hands with a tight grip. You're sure you could hit it. You were determined to hit it. "Let's make a bet, huh? If I hit it, you owe me dinner tonight and if I don't, i'll pay."

Jenna paused, biting her lip in thought; you knew she'd take the bet. She loved food (just as you did) and there was no way she was gonna pass up an opportunity for free food, especially since she was so convinced you'd miss it. "Deal." She nodded and a cocky grin spread over your lips. Looking away from your friend, you pushed your left leg back slightly, bending down and raising your hand with prestige focus.

Jenna let out a loud chuckle from behind you, you were taking this way too seriously.

Your tongue jutted out slightly in thought, staring at your intended target as you mentally counted down from three. Once you hit one, you reeled your arm and shot it forward, the football slipping from your fingers and flying before you. It was like time slowed down, that's how serious this bet was to you. But with a disappointed gaze you watched the ball curve in the other direction you wanted it to go.

"Hah!"

Just as you were ready to accept your defeat, something else caught your attention. There, right where your ball was headed, was Steve Harrington. "Oh fuck." And just as you finished cursing, you watched the football smack against the boys head, the offended object tilting to the left from impact as his friend, Tommy, jumped away in shock.

"Oh my god."

"Fuck." You repeated, running back towards Jenna. "Fuck, i'm so screwed."

Jenna grasped your hand in surprise; "did you just hit Steve Harrington in the head with a football?"

Steve stood up from his seat on the bleachers, grasping his head in pain and your sure you heard him yelling out a slue of curses. His eyes darted around, finding the football and picking up the now dangerous weapon. You watched Steve's eyes fall on you, and you suddenly felt stuck as you met his eyes across the field.

"You just hit Steve Harrington with a football." Jenna clarified, watching the entire thing go down.

Steve suddenly smirked and you panicked, taking a step back. "Go!" You called, pulling Jenna along with you as you turned the other way and ran off in a hurry. Though, while you were more than concerned, Jenna found this highly amusing.

"She says sorry!" Jenna called, waving at Steve.

"Shut the hell up, Jenna!"

"Sorry," she laughed, finally catching up with your speed. "But hey, at least you're buying dinner."

With a sigh, you clicked open your locker. It had been an increasingly long and exhausting day; especially since you spent the entire day trying to avoid Steve. It was only the next day, and you knew Steve, he's not one to forget something like hitting him in the head with a goddamn football.