Meeting the parents/Reddie

Source: Tumblr

A/n: I'm now like obsessed with Reddie because who isn't!So I put this up because I'm gonna try and write my own and if mine goes wrong this will be here to read xD.

Eddie has probably never been this nervous in his life before. His palms are sweating, which he finds absolute disgusting, and he keeps shifting from one leg to the other. The old familiar door is still firmly closed, yet Eddie can't seem to stop the hysteria from bubbling up his throat.

A hand grips his underarm loosely, the rough palms of the hand irritate Eddie's skin, yet he leans further into it. Richie is looking down on him with a knowing, teasing smile. When Eddie agreed to dinner with Richie's parents, he hadn't expected to feel so nauseous with anxiousness.

It's stupid he knows, he met Maggie and Wentworth when he was barely two years old. They watched him grow up, they know exactly the type of person he was and the person he had become right before he left Derry.

He used to spend all his free time with Richie in that house. Every birthday he begged for his mom to let him go over to their house, and though Sonia refused and guilt-tripped him into spending his day with her, the Toziers always tried their best to make his birthday as enjoyable as possible.

He remembers the last birthday before his mommy and him left for New York, which happened to be his fifteenth. On the day itself Sonia had confided him to their house, claiming that he was sick and he needed to either celebrate at home with her, or not at all.

Looking back on it, it was clear that she just wanted to ruin the losers surprise, as they had a party planned at the quarry. It didn't matter anyway, Richie resigned himself to climbing through the window at night with soda and chips, and they had a small celebration together.

Two days later, Maggie invited him to their home, also for dinner. Eddie didn't know what to expect, finding it a weird request, until Richie had excitedly pushed him into the living room, where Maggie and Wentworth had a whole buffet of pizza's and gifts spread out, singing happy birthday to him as if they were little kids themselves.

Eddie had shyly begun to eat, feeling guilty that they had spend so much money on him, but Maggie had given him a big hug, so tight it felt as if she was breaking his ribs, laughing that it was his birthday, and he deserved to have fun and get everything he wanted for a day.

When she let him go, Eddie, embarrassingly so, started weeping. With Maggie, it felt like he had an actual mom. She was an example of what a real mother should be like, just wanting her child to be safe, but also wanting to encourage them to go out in the world. With the Tozier's, Eddie felt loved.

Wentworth was the one who taught him how to ride his bike. Eddie's mom didn't want him to hurt himself so she refused to even buy him a bike, but then Eddie had gotten so mad that Richie would taunt him with his bike riding skills, that Wentworth had gone ahead and bought him a bike too, practising with him for weeks until Eddie felt ready to ride by himself. He must have tested Wentworths patients an insane amount, considering Richie didn't even need a week to try it all by himself, but Wentworth never made Eddie feel bad about it, he always allowed him to take things at his own pace without calling him out for it.

When Sonia found out that Eddie could ride his bike without four wheels, she had gotten absolutely furious, storming over to Richie's house and berating both Maggie, Wentworth and Richie for endangering such a delicate boy.

It was the first time Eddie had ever seen Maggie angry. She hid it well, she was way to respectable to start screaming or attacking anyone, but Eddie could read her eyes, so much alike Richie's, spitfire as Sonia kept railing to them. The vein in her neck was throbbing wildly.