Not me, not these kids, and certainly, not you.

Couple: Steve Harrington x reader

Warnings: swearing

Prompt: #1 — You're not going alone.

AN: so, this is something I'm whipping up really quick.

———

"This is fucking ridiculous!" You yelled, slamming your hands onto the table. "Steve, you expect us to just sit here, while they're attempting to close the gate?"

"Yup." The word flew out of his mouth easily as he watched you, eyebrow arched. "No one is dying tonight, not me, not these kids, and certainly, not you."

"You know what, Steve?"

"Please, tell me." He spoke, a cocky smile playing on his lips as he watched you cross your arms.

A devilish smile crossed your face and Steve instantly knew this wasn't going to be good—they were fucked, to be exact.

"Then, I'll go by myself."

"Wha—?! What the hell do you mean, by yourself? You're going to get yourself killed! You're staying here, Y/N!" Steve argued, he was in front of her now with an angry expression on his face.

"Listen, Hopper and Joyce told you to babysit them—" you pointed to four kids who were all listening intently to your argument, before you finished, "not me. So, you can't tell me what to do, Harrington."

"I can if I'm trying to protect you! You're Dustin's sister, okay? I'm not losing any of you." He said, grabbing her wrist lightly as she tried to walk away from him." If you're going, you're not going alone."

"Woohoo!" Your brother shouted.

"No." Steve shot down.

———

"Bad idea, bad idea, bad fucking idea!" She yelled behind the bandana as she followed Steve and the four kids down the tunnel-hall, running from the demodogs.

You hadn't expected it to go his way, but I don't believe anyone else had, either. As you helped Steve guide the kids up the latter, one by one, you heard them.

A whole pack of demodogs running straight for you two. You looked at Steve in the eyes before looking up at the ladder, then back at him.

"Go." You said, shovel in your hand. "You'll be able to get a head start, and you promised Joyce you'd keep those kids safe."

"No, Y/N. I'm staying right here, I told you I'd keep you safe, too." He grabbed your arm, pulling you into him as he held onto you tightly, putting his face in your shoulder.

You both waited to accept your fate, but it never came.

They did, but they weren't coming to chow down on you and Steve for dinner.

No, they went to where we placed the gasoline.

"Ladder, little lady. No time to think." Steve spoke, picking you up to help you get a head start. Once you had gotten out, you held your hand out, watching as he grabbed it, and pulled him up.

You fell onto the grass, breathing out harshly. Listening as you heard a flick and sizzling. Steve had helped you up, and put you in the car, counting as the kids followed in one by one.

He got in the driver's side before peeling out, exactly at the right time, and heading back to the Byers house.

"Never listen to me again, no matter what stupid idea I say I'll do." You said, laying your head back on the seat, head pounding.

"Deal." He chuckled.

———