Halloween Tradition | Richie Tozier X Reader

Source: Tumblr

(Y/N) (Y/L/N) sat nervously in the classroom while her math teacher explained something but she was too busy worrying about that day being Halloween to pay attention to that. To be fair, most of the other kids were distracted too, talking excitedly about what they would do that night. (Y/N) was busy thinking about something else about that day, something much less pleasant.

Don't get her wrong, the girl loved to dress up and go ask for candies, but the school day during Halloween was horrible for her. The reason? Richie Tozier.

(Y/N) and Richie have been neighbours since childhood and have become friends because of it. Because they had known each other for so long, Richie knew a lot about her - he knew that she was, in fact, too easy to scare. And, knowing that, their Halloween tradition was created: every year, during the school day, he'd try to scare her as much as he could - meaning that he'd suddenly appear when she least expected, usually making some loud noise to announce he was there.

One thing that was certain: there were no limits to Richie Tozier that day. Once, she was washing her hands in the ladies' room when Richie came out of the bathroom stall, kicking the door. (Y/N) almost had a heart attack.

She knew that no place was safe in that school, so she was always expecting to see him, ready to shout in her ear. But she still had hope, hope that Richie would have given up on that tradition.

But that tradition seemed like it wouldn't end anytime soon. She hadn't even taken three steps out of the room after math class when she felt someone hold and shake her, making the girl scream. (Y/N) heard Richie's familiar laugh, turning in time just to see him grinning at her and saying "Happy Halloween, (Y/N)!" before running off to his next class.

The girl sighed. That would be a long day. And it really was. Every time she thought she had figured out a pattern, she'd find out she was wrong since he kept surprising and scaring her. That school day could be easily summed up in Richie scaring her and (Y/N) yelling at him to stop it.

When the bell of the last class rang, she almost celebrated with such joy. She was free. (Y/N) was the first to leave the room, hurrying down the hallways so Richie had no chance to scare her yet again. A feeling of calmness passed through her body as soon as she left school. No more of that shit until next year. Yeah, she had thought that too soon.

She walked a few more steps before passing in front of a trash can when Richie stood up from behind it, shouting his classic "Boo!", causing the girl to suppress a scream and just grunt at him.

"That's not funny, Richie!" she exclaimed, pushing him lightly.

"Scaring you is just so easy." his cheeks reddened as he laughed.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, starting to walk again. "I'm glad the school day is over so I don't need to take your shit anymore."

Richie laughed one last time before he started to walk beside her, a big grin on his face. "Well, I can always scare you during trick-or-treat tonight." he looked mischievously at her. "So many ways of doing that."

She glared at him before smirking. "Just because of this I'm going to be dressed as a clown."

The boy grimaced at her. "Why would you want to be dressed as a clown? They're fucking awful."

"To be honest, I thought you'd already come to school with your costume because you look awful." she shrugged, the grin on her face widening when she heard him scoff at her.

"Fuck, (Y/N)!" she looked at him, seeing him pretend to be offended. "Just wait for tonight, I'm going to scare the shit out of you." he sighed happily. "It's going to be so much fun."

It was her turn to grimace, a fake smile appearing on her face soon after. "I'm glad I'm for your entertainment pleasure."

He smirked. "Scaring you is fun but I can think of other ways for you to pleasure me." he nudged her slightly.

(Y/N) shook her head disapprovingly. How had she gotten used to Richie's personality? She had no idea. However, Flirting-Richie was far better than Wanting-to-scare-her Richie.

She thought about how uneasy she had been all day knowing that that kid could show up and scare her at any moment - and the thought that he would scare her even more if they went out to trick-or-treat together didn't please her at all.

"I don't think we should go ask for candy together." she tried to escape from that situation.

"Yeah, we should skip this candy stuff and go watch that horror movie you wanted to see." he wiggled his eyebrows at her. "I promise to protect you from those monsters if you go on a date with me."

"Um, okay," she said with a shrug. If that date included not being scared by him and actually having a good time with him, he could count her in.

The flirtatious expression on his face was soon replaced by shock and confusion. "Uh?"

She chuckled. "Okay, let's go out on a date." she'd never admit it to him but she always thought he was kind of cute and that maybe – just maybe – she had a crush on him.

His eyes widened. "Are you serious?" he always pretended his flirting with her was a joke, but he knew it wasn't, it was his way of expressing his feelings for her without the risk of getting hurt.

"Sure." she smiled, leaning toward him and kissing his cheek, almost touching his lips. Richie's face turned red, which made her laugh. "Embarrassing you is just so easy," she said before starting to walk away.

Richie stood for a few seconds in his place, taking some time to understand what had happened. He pushed his glasses up his nose, a flustered smile appearing on his lips before running to catch up with her.

"That's not funny, (Y/N)!"