Chapter Two

"Yeah! Come on everyone!" Asriel said excitedly. He started after Chara, taking strange jumps every once in a while.

Sans fell back beside Frisk. "Hey. I know you're probably really confused right now, but it'll be fine. Just wait and see."

In truth, Sans himself didn't really believe it. But he had to make sure that Frisk stayed determined. He knew things that would hurt her. That would hurt everyone. So it was best if they didn't know the truth for the time being.

"Sans." Frisk spoke up as they're walking behind Asriel and Chara. Little do they know, Chara has good ears to eavesdrop.

"Was that really Papyrus? I mean, he didn't seem like everything you said he was." Frisk's voice started to shake a little bit. "He really was going to kill us."

Sans' pace slowed down a bit as he remembered what had happened. Papyrus had tried to kill him, and succeeded in killing Frisk multiple times over.

"Definitely not," Sans replied. "My bro is the most innocent monster you'll ever meet."

Chara started to speculate from their conversation. It's a possibility that Frisk had died multiple times, which resulted in the repetition in the timeline. He bite his lip a little bit. Can't help but feel bad for the poor girl.

"What could this mean...?" Frisk asked Sans. She wanted to ask more. Wanted to tell him everything. But she looked away. Her expression changed to sadness. Where was Papyrus? The real one? Was everything she known a lie?

"I dunno," Sans replied with a shrug. "This is just a guess, but it seems to me like these monsters are our friends from other universes."

Universes? How would Sans conjure up something like that? Unless, he's just joking around like regular Sans. Is he really the one she knows? It's hard to tell at this point...

"What's with the long face though?" Sans asked her. "We're all safe for now."

"Oh, um." Frisk twirled her hair nervously. "Just the fright of what was in the ruins... and then your so called "brother"... It's a lot to take in in a day."

Frisk smiled sadly. "At least I met you, Chara and Asriel. I'm sorry that I was a bit skeptical of you at first..."

Sans wanted to say something about Chara, but the way Frisk was twirling her hair nervously...he couldn't do it. Something about that gave him a funny feeling.

"Don't sweat it," Sans said. "I sometimes look like I have a BONE to pick with you. I promise I don't though." He winked the way he usually did. This felt different though. His smile almost felt sincere.

Frisk paused and then laughed. "Thanks, Sans. I needed a laugh." Wiping a tear from her eye from laughing so hard.

"Uhh...." Chara interrupted as he opens Grillby's door. He is a bit shocked what he sees. A bunch of Temmies are managing the restaurant. No ol' Grillby in sight. Even the sign has a poorly spelled "TEMY's" on it.

Asriel peered into the restaurant and looked at Chara in confusion. "I don't remember this place!" He stated.

Frisk wasn't surprised at this rate. With all that's happened, who knows what other differences are? There were so many cute sounds in the room. The Temmies sounded so cute, that Frisk squealed at their cuteness. She remembered Temmie Village and couldn't help petting all the temmies. The Temmies gathered around and nudged everyone to their seats. The Temmie serving wasn't much for conversation. It wore Grillby-like glasses, had similar attire like him, but was cleaning a drinking glass upside down. The Grillby imposter, might as well call it Temby, looked at Sans to start the order as if it's still a regular thing that happens here.