Chapter Eighteen

The pancakes were finally eaten. They tasted pretty good!

"That came out better than what I expected." Frisk chatted. "When Undyne and I cooked in one timeline... uhhh... we kind of set her house on fire."

"Yeah, that sounds like her," Sans chuckles. "I can't help but wonder if she's part of the reason that the Papyrus here now started helping us. I think maybe she softened his heart a bit."

"Right! He was so scary." Frisk recalled the times she kept getting killed by him. "I guess they've known each other in the other universe."

Their conversation was interrupted with a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," Sans protectively. "Stay back here. It could be another human."

He went over and opened the door. He made his eyesockets go dark. "What do you want?" He asked in a threatening tone. "Oh. It's you." He relaxed and his eyes went back to normal when he saw Chara standing there. "Sorry. I thought you might be one of those mean humans."

"Nice." Chara commented towards his eyes. "Keep that scary face, you'll just keep warding away more threatening humans." He laughed then gotten a bit serious. "Is Frisk safe?"

Sans nodded. "She's right over there at the table." He looked back to where Frisk was sitting. "You can come over now. It's just Chara."

Sans turned back to Chara. "So you heard about what happened too, I'm guessing?"

Chara nodded as he walked inside with the door shutting behind him. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything." He sadly teased.

"Chara!" Frisk looked over at him. "You have bags under your eyes. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." Chara handed the brick with the note to Sans. "Frisk may have missed seeing this with all the shock that has happened. I have Papyrus patrolling the area right now."

Sans read what the brick and note said, felt himself started to get really angry. (What kind of freak writes this stuff and then tries to hurt someone over it?)

"They caught the person who did it though right?" Sans asked worriedly.

"They did, but..." Chara continued. "Indicating that note, there may be more. I had a GOOD talk with that guy. He spilled that he started a group of people to ban monsters dating humans." Chara looked towards Frisk. "Humans mostly are wimps to attack monsters, so they will go for the weakest link first. Frisk definitely shouldn't be left alone."

"Ah, but..my house..." Frisk looked down. "I won't be able to live there?"

"Well, it is monitored. It's a bit complicated." Chara scratched his head in deep thought. "If we switched shifts even for a second, something MAY or may not happen. We can't be too sure."

"You can stay here for as long as you need," Sans told Frisk. "It's probably better than being alone anyway."

Sansdidn't really want her to leave anyway. It felt really lonely when she wasn't around.

"Yeah..." Frisk smiled sadly. She felt a little bad that stuff keeps happening. Can't they get a break? "I do need to get my things over here. Um... I forgot to bring an extra outfit."