Asriel's Route (Ending 2)

(Continued from Part 2)

Chara couldn't even look at Frisk's body. He couldn't agree with Asriel either. He just stayed silent. Then he finally said something. Struggled to say. "Where... should we bury her....?"

"I don't know. I just want this to be over..." Asriel looked down at the ground. He didn't feel like doing anything. He didn't want to leave but he also didn't want to stay there. He didn't want to sleep or be awake. He was confusing himself.

"I have an idea. But we wouldn't be able to bury her if I'm able to do it." It was a bit of a crazy idea, and Sans didn't want to get their hopes up when it probably wouldn't even work. He couldn't live with himself if he didn't try though.

"What?" Chara asked, a bit puzzled and weirded out by the statement. What does he even mean by not burying Frisk?

"In my universe, the Asriel there died. But Alphys was able to use DETERMINATION to bring him back as a flower. Maybe I can somehow...find a way to bring Frisk back?" Sans suggested. (I probably sound crazy...)

"A flower?! Rei?!" Chara exclaimed. "...Would Frisk be a flower?"

Sans shook his head. "He only became a flower because monsters turn to dust when they die. Frisk's body didn't do that."

"Oh...." Chara felt dumb for a moment. Then continued. "That Gaster guy... Said I had DETERMINATION. Should you use some of mine?"

"I could...but I would have to use force to get it I think. I'm starting to remember something...Alphys injected a flower that had Asriel's dust with DETERMINATION and that's what brought him back. Maybe there's a way to extract it?" Sans rambled.

Asriel looked worried at the thought. (Extract it? Wouldn't that hurt him?) He shot Chara a glance.

"Well, I'll do anything to bring Frisk back. So do what you will." Chara wiped away more tears that came.

"If it hurts too badly though you should stop," Asriel told Sans. "It sounds dangerous...if I lost Chara too I don't know how I would keep going."

"You can help me with the studies if you want," Sans offered. "That way you could help bring her back, and be there for all the tests and things."

Asriel nodded. "I will. Thank you."

...

Sans and Asriel got to work with the testing. Sans went through some of Alphys's old documents to get an idea of what exactly they would need to do to bring her back. One thing that puzzled him about her records is that she never wrote down how she got the DETERMINATION needed for the injections.

Sans had to come up with his own way. It was definitely risky since he was connecting the SOUL of a living human to a machine that hadn't been tested. Asriel definitely didn't like it either.

At one point, Chara was in extreme pain and Asriel had begged for Sans to stop. Eventually they ended up with what they needed. Chara was just exhausted afterwards and couldn't do much so Asriel had to leave the lab to help him out.

A few days later, they decided that it was time. Asriel sat on a stool beside a bed that Frisk was now on. He gripped her hand tightly as Sans injected her with the DETERMINATION.