Chapter Fourteen

As the morning came, Frisk's eyes opened and saw that Sans was sleeping. She didn't want to wake him. It would have been embarrassing to ask him to take her to the bathroom.

Still weak, Frisk grabbed a change of new clothes and stuff to take a quick shower. Showering is a bit tedious during this time. She gets so out of breath and gets more pain with every movement. As she had finished, she slowly gotten dressed into clean clothes. She didn't bother blow drying her hair, but made the effort to brush it so it doesn't look like an embarrassing mess.

As she makes her way out of the bathroom, she was barely walking. Frisk noticed Sans was waking up now.

"I didn't mean to wake you up." Frisk looked at him. But noticed, his face was a bit blue? She also noticed he couldn't look her straight in the eye. (Did I do something wrong?)

"You didn't wake me up," Sans said a bit awkwardly. His SOUL felt fluttery. "I'm a pretty heavy sleeper so don't worry. I just happened to wake up at this time."

Sans looked at the wall behind Frisk when he talked. He knew that she probably didn't remember, but it still felt like his SOUL was going to explode. The way her lips looked. Her face. Her warmth. He still feels it.

Frisk made her way back to sitting on the couch and putting back her heating pad on. She studied Sans's face.

"Are you ok? Your face is blue..." Frisk worried that he was sick, but the blueness of his cheeks made him look extra cute for some reason to her. Maybe he pushed himself too hard to taking care of her?

"Y-yeah." Sans was trying to reassure her, but he sounded so unsure himself. "I sometime do that...turn blue I mean...it's a normal reaction to...things."

He cringed. That was a terrible excuse! Although he was technically right, he sounded so weird saying it.

Frisk tilted her head. She was a little confused. "Reaction to what things?" Oblivious Frisk is oblivious especially since it feels like she's still tired from her time.

"You know just...things that make me nervous, or embarrassed, or...really really happy." Sans was sweating nervously now.

(She's onto me!) He panicked in his mind.

"Nervous...?" Frisk wondered aloud. "Are you nervous with me? Don't worry, I'll need to take some more painkillers if the pain gets bad again." Frisk smiled.

She took it the wrong way.

"I apologize for making you nervous." Frisk continued, but with a sad smile.

"It's alright," Sans sighed in relief. He decided to just go with it. "I just worry too much I guess." He chuckled nervously.

A part of him was glad that she took it the wrong way. But another part of him was upset. (Maybe it's better that she remains oblivious...)

Frisk feels a bit sad for relying on him so much. Even though she has feelings for him, she doesn't want to make to feel nervous and the fact he needed to take care of her.

"Do you want to leave? If this is too much for you... haha..." Frisk said with a nervous laughter. "I mean, you might have other things to do... and I don't want to take up your time."