Chapter Five

Frisk saw the spear and had to act quickly. Wincing, Frisk was searching with her hand subtly for a sharp object. Chara caught on to what she was doing and he tossed one of his knives to her. With a lucky catch, grabs it and cuts off some of her hair. Papyrus was caught off guard as Frisk runs into Sans, throwing him off balance to the side, away from the spear.

There has to be a way to make them weak enough so they can escape!

"Papyrus is weakened," Sans whispered to Frisk. "We just need to take care of Undyne."

It was good that they weakened Papyrus. Now they didn't need to worry about him protecting Undyne.

Asriel still had his arms wrapped around Chara, trying to encourage him to get up. He needed to be able to run away!

"She might be the Undyne from our timeline." Frisk whispered back to Sans. She was a bit close to him. Frisk didn't know when she was on her adventure, Sans was always watching her from a distance. Part of the judgement job and all. She whispered as fast as she could, something familiar to him, "She'd turn my soul a different shade for when I can't run away. My soul isn't that shade now so we can run away."

Frisk remembered all the spears Undyne would throw behind her as she escaped the first time. Even though Papyrus is weakened, they have to be ready for anything. She has him so she must be weakened too, somehow. Frisk didn't want to hurt Undyne but there must be a way.

"We have to be careful." Frisk murmured.

Chara has good ears so he heard everything. Grabbing his brother's arm, he's bracing himself to get ready to make a break for it. His determination keeps him going, despite his bad headache. Asriel was surprised by Chara's sudden change. He sighed in relief.

Sansused a bone and made it stay in one area the whole time until she only had a few HP. She fell over on the ground, wincing in pain with an angry expression.

Chara nodded towards Sans, while gripping Asriel's arm, he makes a run for it. "Let's hurry!!"

Asriel ran as fast as he could behind Chara. A few times he almost let go, but he kept going. Sans was making sure Frisk could keep up. It must have been terrible for her to be treated like that by Papyrus. He had to make sure that he never did that again.

Papyrus was yelling from the distance. He kept trying to fire bone attacks from the distance. It was no use since he kept missing everyone. He cursed loudly. Undyne was in no condition to fight anymore. He didn't want to leave by her side.

They all had escaped. Papyrus angrily punched the ground. Sans was so strong, Papyrus has to be careful of him. His brother had changed. He doesn't know how or why. How'd he get so strong?

"Commander, forgive me for failing." Papyrus knelt down by Undyne.

"It's alright," Undyne said with a grunt. She sat up. "It was a group effort so...we failed each other."

Undyne could feel a cut on her face where the worst of the bones had hit her. She wanted to keep fighting. She tried to stand up but started to fall. Papyrus felt a pang of distress. Without thinking, he lifted Undyne up in a princess style. He cannot lose her again.

"Forgive me again, commander." Papyrus stuttered. "I must seek aid to treat your wounds."

Undyne probably would've been more flustered if it wasn't for the pain. She just closed her eyes and allowed herself to sink into his arms. For a skeleton, his arms were surprisingly comfortable. She knew she should be more cautious. But she was in no condition to resist. So she just allowed herself to fall asleep in his arms.