Chapter Eleven

"I'm sorry, I couldn't save him." Frisk spoke to break the silence, looking towards Sans. "There wasn't anything good in him. Not one bit...."

"It's alright," Sans put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her. "I didn't expect us to leave with him anyway. Despite him being my father, I have no real attachment to him. It is a bit sad though. Knowing that I have no family left."

Asriel noticed Sans's sad tone. "It's alright, Sans! I can be your honorary brother!" He said excitedly.

"Heh. I would like that a lot," Sans responded contently. Asriel was so much like Papyrus. Maybe having him as an honorary brother would help make him feel more whole again.

"I guess, ahem." Papyrus coughed. "I can join in on that too. I never really knew my father."

"So you do have a soft side!" Frisk smiled.

"Oh, shut up." Papyrus folded his arms in a snarl and Frisk giggled at him.

Sans chuckled a bit at his behavior. "Sure, Papyrus. You can be our brother too. Although, you might just be placed with the responsibility of practicing with Asriel every day. I hope you're up for it," he said with a wink.

"NYA HA HA! Certainly. He still haven't met up to my standards just yet!" Papyrus snorted.

"So, Rei." Frisk glanced at Asriel. "Frisky-poo is my nickname now?"

"Gee, I wonder why he calls you that!" Chara winked at him.

Asriel's face turned red. "N-no! That's not why! It's just a cute nickname is all!" He exclaimed. "And yes, I suppose that can be your nickname. I mean...if you like it that is."

"Sounds a bit like a name you'd give to a lover." Chara joked. "Just sayin'!"

"Yeah.. umm!" Frisk gotten shy all of a sudden. "Eh?"

Lover? Does Asriel...?!

"It's a nickname for friends!" Asriel yelled angrily. "Nothing more! You believe me, right, Frisk? Help meeeeee!"

Sans snorted in amusement. Normally he would get a bit jealous, but this was different. He was actually amused by Asriel's antics. Chara laughed along with Sans. This was priceless.

"It's a bit, uhh.." Frisk scratched her cheek with her finger nervously. "Something you should save for your future girlfriend! Except with their name! How about a different nickname?"

Asriel groaned in irritation. "Fine!" He said. "What about..." he trailed off, embarrassed. "I don't know! Any suggestions from my great brother?"

"Sweetie." Chara whispered, hoping he'd take the bait. He tried saying it without laughing.

Asriel let out a loud squeal, covering his face with his bandana again. "No, no, no, no, no! Why would you do that to me?"

Asriel gently pushed Chara away, feeling his embarrassment rising. "You're not very good at helping!"

Chara's amused by his shyness and took him to the side and whispered, "Seriously, Rei, when are you going to ask her? Or should I?" He competed. He was actually serious about it.