Chapter Twelve

Frisk stirred in her sleep. She wakes up seeing the sunlight hit her face from the window. It's...a familiar place.

She recalled when she reached the surface for the first time, her and Toriel stayed here.

It's as if... this place stayed.

Maybe when the universes merged, it made this place stay here too.

This was her room. She heard some snoring and peeked over her bed to see Sans fast asleep. She's elated that she didn't stay here alone.

(Sans must have brought me here....) Frisk thought as she walked quietly out of her bed. She rummaged through a dresser and found another outfit. She felt so gross wearing the same thing every day. It couldn't be helped with everything that had happened.

She took a quick shower and then put on the clothes. It was a bit girlier than usual. It was a beautiful looking dress. Same color scheme as comparison to her regular outfit. She even styled her hair a little bit.

She stared into the mirror. She felt like dressing up pretty for once.

(Maybe he'd notice...) Frisk thought with a blush. (I don't know if I look good though. Maybe I should change out-)

Then, there was a knock at the door.

(Who could it be?) Frisk went downstairs to answer it and opens the door.

Asriel was standing in the doorway with a suit and tie. His chest was puffed out proudly. "Frisk! You will go on a date with me!" He said happily. He held out a bouquet of purple flowers.

Asriel noticed her outfit and found himself staring a bit. (She looks so beautiful...) he shook the thought away. He probably looked weird staring like that!

"Oh!" Frisk was a bit surprised. But she looked at Asriel. He looked adorable! Kind of reminded her of Papyrus's and her date from back then. She took the flowers. "Um! Thank you!" Hard for her to say no with that face.

(I don't want to reject him right away...) Frisk dreaded the thought of breaking another one's heart. (I'll figure out a way to let him down easy...)

"I guess we can go somewhere." Frisk giggled at his antics. He may be around her age, but he's definitely a kid at heart.

Sans opened his eyes. He was still on the floor. He got up and looked up at the bed. Frisk wasn't there. He could hear talking downstairs, so he went down and saw Frisk and Asriel. "Where are you two going?" He asked. He had an idea of what was going on by the look of their outfits. He felt a pain in his soul as he awaited an answer.

(Oh shoot!) Frisk had her back turned. She didn't want him to misunderstand. She dressed up for Sans, not Asriel. (This is awkward...)

She turned around to Sans. "I'm just going out a bit with Asriel." Frisk smiled.

Sans sees her full outfit to the extent. Her hair even looks super nice.

(I'm going to lose her...)

"Heh. Alright," Sans said. "Have fun you two." He turned around and started to walk up the stairs. He didn't want to see them like that.