Chapter Twenty-Three

It was later on into the day. Asriel and Chara were out trying to win people over. Especially against the other protesters. Frisk and Sans were nowhere in sight. Little did they know, they had a rough night so they were still sleeping.

Chara checked his phone with the sent texts to Frisk and Sans, but it's left on unread. Chara looked over at Asriel, who was so passionate about speaking. Eventually Frisk and Sans showed up.

They were all trying their best working each day about this.

A week later had passed.

The four of them were out still. Asriel would check his phone at times while they were out. Frisk had the idea to hand out fliers to everyone about their cause. Some would be thrown away. She was tired. Her medication was almost out. Sans would keep her on her feet. He would insist going home, but refused.

The fliers gave the time for later on in the day to meet at the city at the Mayor's Office.

"It's almost time." Chara looked at Asriel, Frisk and Sans.

"I hope people do show up." Frisk was out of breath. She was sweating a bit. This time, she was back into her business outfit.

Asriel nodded at Chara is response. He looked down at his phone one last time with a worried look on his face. (It's been a while since she's responded...is she okay? I don't want to message her again and seem clingy.) He sighed and put his phone away, waiting to start.

"I hope this will be the last time we have to teleport like this." Chara looked towards Frisk, who started holding Sans's hand.

"I'll be ok." Frisk looked at Sans, who was obviously worried.

"If you say so," Sans said. He really hated doing that. "Is everyone else ready?"

The four of them had teleported in front of the Mayor's place. It took Frisk a bit to notice her surroundings. There wasn't anyone else there yet.

Asriel looked nervously ahead at the men blocking the door. He didn't want the same thing to happen that happened before, but it didn't seem like anyone would be there to support them.

"I guess we can go on ahead...maybe we were able to convince them a little bit?" Asriel doubted that. He just felt so unsure of himself and his decisions. (I can't rely on Chara anymore. It's time for me to stand up for myself and my people.)

"Alright." Chara nodded.

Frisk nodded too. She has a hopeful and determined face on her. She looked at Sans to comfort him since he seems a bit tense. "We will be alright this time. I believe it."

"Thanks, sweetpea." Her being determined made Sans feel a bit better. "I don't know how, but I think you might be right."

Asriel started walking towards the guards. He took in a deep breath and put on a more serious face. "We're back to ask to see the mayor again."

"You guys again?" The man scowled. "Look, no matter what you do, we won't let you through. Now, leave."

"We thought that the speech would at least change the minds of some people," Asriel said. Despite being extremely nervous by what happened last time, he stayed strong. "Didn't you feel even a little bit bad?"